Dyno Time...results inside

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Mr.mx-3 wrote: WTF??? 160whp I understand you're gonna loose a lil bit from the fly to the ground but damn that much??? Most of the KLZE'S I've looked at have advertised at least 218hp at the fly and our cars are (FWD) so there's no drive shaft and rear diff. to turn.
218 is complete BS, I have the ze specs sheet (written in japanese) with power and all that stuff and it comes around 195 IIRC. Take that and divise it by 1.17 wich is a general rule for FWD car to get whp and it comes up to 166. This is with proper vris points and all that jazz. so expect lower than that for a stock ze without proper vris points wich 99% of people here don't use.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

mdavis wrote:hppwdn, which front upper strut brace is that? did it fit over the IM without modification?
I got both the front and rear from Nopionline. To make the front one fit over the millenia IM we heated it up with a torch and bent it a little bit more. Fits great and doesn't rub the hood.

In the video you can see how it fits.
http://www.mx3ze.com/dyno/goldmemberdyno.wmv
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

hppwdn wrote:
mdavis wrote:hppwdn, which front upper strut brace is that? did it fit over the IM without modification?
I got both the front and rear from Nopionline. To make the front one fit over the millenia IM we heated it up with a torch and bent it a little bit more. Fits great and doesn't rub the hood.

In the video you can see how it fits.
http://www.mx3ze.com/dyno/goldmemberdyno.wmv
Cool, thanks. ^^
GS-R SE
Fixin's
Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

hppwdn wrote:For Rims I'm looking at Rota Subzeros or Slipstreams. Wouldn't mind some buddy clubs if I found a deal. All of those are pretty light weight in the 16" size I want to go with.

For tires I've gone back and forth about it a lot and decided to use the same model that helped me get 2.0 60s in my probe. Yokohama AVS ES100s. On the MX3 I'm going with 225/45/16.

For brake upgrades I'm looking into Stainless Lines, Brembo Rotors and Greenstuff pads.

Brakes are the number one concern right now.

All the other suspension work is done. Front/Rear Strut Bars, Whiteline Sway Bar, Tokico Blues, Dropzone Springs, SRD LCA Bushings, SRD Subframe Bushings, Poly Filled (80A) Engine Mounts. Not too much past there that I'm looking into.
Yea Yokes are pretty good I had a set on my mx-6. 225/45/16's fit pretty good?? no rubbing or nothing?? I want to put something wider under mine the 205's are ok but still look a lil skimpy.
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

Mr.mx-3 wrote:Yea Yokes are pretty good I had a set on my mx-6. 225/45/16's fit pretty good?? no rubbing or nothing?? I want to put something wider under mine the 205's are ok but still look a lil skimpy.
Not sure how well they'll fit. The overall diameter seems fine, but the width may require some spacers depending on the offset of the rims I end up with. I definitely think it's a doable size on the MX-3 without any big worries.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”