Driver's side power window

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Driver's side power window

Post by Jovian2k »

Ok my drivers side power window goes very slow when putting them up. The passenger side goes up normal speed but I have to wait for the drivers side, it inches like the motor is weak but it always ends up going up if I wait a while. What could the problem be? motor? I am trying to figure it out before it stops working
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Might not be the motor, try lubing the window where it slides inside the rubber stripping...., you'll need to pull the door trim off.
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

its also possible the rubber weather stipping has shifted...i had a problem with that last year and ended up going to the junkyard and getting another set for $8
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Post by FlyVFR »

Lube/clean the tracks and rubber trim ( I use Mcguire rubber and vinyl cleaner ) and adjust as necessary otherwise the motor gear will eventually break from stressing it. I had to replace my motor, as a piece of the worm gear assy broke off.
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
81 Trans AM NASCAR Pace Car
80 Trans Am INDY Pace Car
www.MyMX3.com Domain For Sale!
My Feedback File
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

Post by Jovian2k »

Sounds like what I need to do. I will try and take the interior door off and look at it. How hard is that to do? I do not want to break anything so figured I should ask
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
FlyVFR
Supporting Member

Post by FlyVFR »

If the window does not stop before it's fully closed then the motor assy is OK. My window would only reach 3/4 up and stop, so I went in and found a piece of the motor worm gear broken in the assy which prevented the window from going all the way up. I think it broke because of excessive friction stress against the rubber track seals (that's why it slows up). So now I clean/lube all the rubber track/seals regularly. Works well for me.
Stock 92 MX-3 GS
93 MX-3 GS KLZE
98 BMW 328IS
81 Trans AM NASCAR Pace Car
80 Trans Am INDY Pace Car
www.MyMX3.com Domain For Sale!
My Feedback File
Taras

Post by Taras »

Besides making sure that your tracks are clean and lubed, you can take the switch apart and clean the contacts inside. More often than not its your contacts that do not let the power through, usually they are burn if old.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
illapino

Post by illapino »

my window goes up normally from the bottom, but once it gets half way it becomes retardedly slow. i will also try to lub the strippings. doesn't make sense though because one year fine, next day this happens. do those strippings just suddenly go dry in one random day?!

where do i lube exactly? take the door panel off and behind there?
i'm assuming not where the window goes in and out of its "pocket"...
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

when i was using the switch.. it made the window up and down.. now that i do it manually by shorting the wires, no problemooo
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Could be the switch too if the internal contacts are poor. I noticed a good speedup when I replaced mine.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”