[FS] Driver Side Headlight

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I'm not sure why David has been so silent in this matter. There is a way that he can fix this and I was hoping that he would have done the right thing here. All that's required is to fax to UPS (506 447-3706) a new commercial invoice using the tracking number of 1Z974R2A6831265530 as a reference. A clear description of the item "used, slightly damaged 14 year old car headlight" and not like in the past "auto parts" must be included in that fax. It must be given a new value in that fax. Less than $20.00cdn will be exempt any fees OR if it's identified with a value of $20.00usd (which it was) than I would have to pay approximately $13.00. Inflating the declared price to $50.00 was a big big mistake. David, you can do the right thing here and fix this. UPS advises that there is 5 days remaining from now to correct this mistake or the item will become the property of UPS. I trust you will be diligent and responsible about this and not continue to remain silent and inactive in this matter, thanks,
*john*

'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Meanie

Post by Meanie »

I have the passenger side headlight if anyone is looking for a set to go with Opdmizes' drivers side. It's all intact no cracks, scratches, etc. I bought it with the intention of replacing mine cause it was clear, until I learned I could buff/polish mine to a clear. Now I no longer need it.

I will also take $20 (US) + shipping
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Meanie wrote:I have the passenger side headlight if anyone is looking for a set to go with Opdmizes' drivers side. It's all intact no cracks, scratches, etc. I bought it with the intention of replacing mine cause it was clear, until I learned I could buff/polish mine to a clear. Now I no longer need it.
pm sent
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

jschrauwen wrote:I'm not sure why David has been so silent in this matter. There is a way that he can fix this and I was hoping that he would have done the right thing here. All that's required is to fax to UPS (506 447-3706) a new commercial invoice using the tracking number of 1Z974R2A6831265530 as a reference. A clear description of the item "used, slightly damaged 14 year old car headlight" and not like in the past "auto parts" must be included in that fax. It must be given a new value in that fax. Less than $20.00cdn will be exempt any fees OR if it's identified with a value of $20.00usd (which it was) than I would have to pay approximately $13.00. Inflating the declared price to $50.00 was a big big mistake. David, you can do the right thing here and fix this. UPS advises that there is 5 days remaining from now to correct this mistake or the item will become the property of UPS. I trust you will be diligent and responsible about this and not continue to remain silent and inactive in this matter, thanks,
*john*
No response to pm's or email yet. This does not look good.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

David, this is a copy of an email from UPS wrt to your requirements to rectify this situation;
Dear John Schrauwen:

Thank you for your inquiry.

If the declared value used is incorrect, the shipper may fax an amended
invoice to the attention of Rerates at 1-506-447-3706. The invoice must
indicate the tracking number and the corrected value. The deadline for
this option is February 6th.

If we may assist you in the future, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for using UPS Canada Internet Services.

Sharon
Internet Inquiries
UPS Canada Ltd.

Email: trr1cac@ups.com English
Email: trr2cac@ups.com French
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

:bump: for David
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I think your going to have to take it as a learning experience. He's not going to respond. He only had a few items to sell. Maybe you can say something in the future, when he needs some parts for his ze?
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

2fazed wrote:I think your going to have to take it as a learning experience. He's not going to respond. He only had a few items to sell. Maybe you can say something in the future, when he needs some parts for his ze?
Sounds like you may be familiar with David, same state and all? If you're able to contact him through other means about this situation, it would be appreciated. This would be in keepig with the motto "Destroyer of Scammers", I would think ....LOL
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I don't know him. I'm speaking from experience from people from Sacramento. Not a nice city to live in. I can't really do anything, cause he didn't scam you. He just doesn't want to help you. I've seen him post parts for sale, and requested parts, so when he's back, I know you will bring this up, and maybe you will get some satisfaction.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Meanie

Post by Meanie »

2fazed wrote:I don't know him. I'm speaking from experience from people from Sacramento. Not a nice city to live in. I can't really do anything, cause he didn't scam you. He just doesn't want to help you. I've seen him post parts for sale, and requested parts, so when he's back, I know you will bring this up, and maybe you will get some satisfaction.
It may have not been a scam, but IMO, it's pretty shitty when one can't rely on the integrity of another forum member. It was a simple request to send out a package which could help a fellow member avoid the absurd cost imposed by the money hungry government. But even that was ignored.

I believe in Karma...I'm sure it'll come around back to him sooner or later.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Meanie wrote: I believe in Karma...I'm sure it'll come around back to him sooner or later.
What goes around comes around, i agree with you Meanie.

Jschrauwen sorry to hear that this still hasnt worked out for you. If it wasnt for the fact that i need both my headlights id glady give them up. But unforitantly i need them!
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Well, no emails from David, no new posts from David, no updates from UPS stating that he's faxed an updated invoice, nothing at all. My gut feeling failed me on this one. Thought this was a straight up deal. UPS left me a voice mail while I was away saying they're willing to hold the package at the local depot for 2 weeks longer and if he hasn't resolved it by then, they're going to ship it back to him because he has an account with them. Something I didn't know but that I do know now is that if the sender has a UPS account and the package doesn't get delivered (for whatever reason), it gets shipped back to the sender - free of charge, or so I'm told. Something I'll have to remember for the future.

Meanie wrote:I have the passenger side headlight if anyone is looking for a set to go with Opdmizes' drivers side. It's all intact no cracks, scratches, etc. I bought it with the intention of replacing mine cause it was clear, until I learned I could buff/polish mine to a clear. Now I no longer need it.
Thanks Steven, recieved it today. :2thumbsup:
Don't understand why the other transaction couldn't have been done this simple.
opdmize

Post by opdmize »

I did not even see your posts in the forum, for some reason, I received no email notification of anything. I should let you know, I got in contact with the shipping company and I worked it out with them. They should be shipping it to you now, no tax or fee. You should be receiving it shortly. Let me know, it should be there in the next week or so.
1993 MX-3 GS/SE KL-ZE'd
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

opdmize wrote:I did not even see your posts in the forum, for some reason, I received no email notification of anything. I should let you know, I got in contact with the shipping company and I worked it out with them. They should be shipping it to you now, no tax or fee. You should be receiving it shortly. Let me know, it should be there in the next week or so.
Thank you David.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Package recieved, zero costs, thank you David.
John

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”