[FS] Driver Side Headlight

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
opdmize

[FS] Driver Side Headlight

Post by opdmize »

I have an extra driver's side headlight for sale.

Good condition, no cracks or scratches. One of the upper mounting points is a little weak, but still attached and functional.

$20 + Shipping.

1993 MX-3 GS/SE KL-ZE'd
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I wouldn't mind playing with a serviceable headlight and trying a little experimenting in a year or so with it but I think shipping would be a detractor. Just on spec what would be the shipping to Canada K0K 2C0?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
opdmize

Post by opdmize »

I'll check for you tomorrow.
1993 MX-3 GS/SE KL-ZE'd
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

How much with shipping to zip 60163. PM me :D
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
opdmize

Post by opdmize »

Still for sale...
1993 MX-3 GS/SE KL-ZE'd
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

*edit* My mistake, found pm :oops: . Will send new pm, sorry!!
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

This is so funny that it's sad. Sent Dave $40.00usd for the light including shipping to be sent via USPS - great. Get door knocker notice that UPS was there to deliver light - WTF?? Supposed to be USPS/Canada Post not UPS. Anyway, on the notice it says Brokerage Fess due COD payable to UPS to the amount of $35.70 - WTF?? I call UPS and there's no room for negotiation. Package was not annotated as a USED 14 year old headlight but was given a declared value of $50.00 which made things even worse. Top it off the routine SOP of identifying any thing shipped between members here is that a package should be labelled as a gift to negate any further taxes or levies. Needlees to say I won't be paying almost 85% again on brokerage fees and will have to deny accepting this package. It will be sent back to the sender if the sender is willing to pay the return fees (which I can't really see happening). And in that case it goes to a UPS warehouse for similar situation packages and from there becomes the property of UPS to do what they will with this. Pretty good deal on UPS's part, rape you with incredible brokerage fees so as to make it prohibitive to accept it or even to have it returned at senders expense. Now they get to flog it or whatever .....hope they enjoy it.
You win some, you lose some. Something for those who may be considering purchasing something from another country - IMO, postal system is the way to go for the average person.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I never use UPS, cause I find them to be the most expensive carrier than anyone. I shipped a package, and it ended up coming back through DHL, and they didn't charge me a return shipping amount. Maybe you'll get lucky, and get $20 back.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

2fazed wrote: Maybe you'll get lucky, and get $20 back.
Oh you mean UPS is going to give me $20.00 for them keeping the light and not returning it to the sender either? Oh that would be nice since I've reconciled myself to the fact that it's $40.00usd down the drain and will ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY ensure that I don't get blindsided like this again.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

jschrauwen wrote:
2fazed wrote: Maybe you'll get lucky, and get $20 back.
Oh you mean UPS is going to give me $20.00 for them keeping the light and not returning it to the sender either? Oh that would be nice since I've reconciled myself to the fact that it's $40.00usd down the drain and will ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY ensure that I don't get blindsided like this again.

I meant returning the item back to the seller, and not charging him. But then again, I wasn't dealing with Canada, and all those fees.

So, all your problems happened cause he didn't mark gift? I guess you'll have to remind all your sellers from the USA all the time now.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

2fazed wrote: I meant returning the item back to the seller, and not charging him. But then again, I wasn't dealing with Canada, and all those fees.
So, all your problems happened cause he didn't mark gift? I guess you'll have to remind all your sellers from the USA all the time now.
I'm not returning anything. I just won't be able to accept the delivery. Problem started because it was shipped UPS and not the requested USPS. I always make it a point to mark everything as a gift, it should be second nature for anyone on any BB doing transactions with each other. Marking as a gift can never hurt and costs nothing.

jschrauwen wrote: Sent Dave $40.00usd for the light including shipping to be sent via USPS - great. Get door knocker notice that UPS was there to deliver light - WTF?? Supposed to be USPS/Canada Post not UPS. Anyway, on the notice it says Brokerage Fess due COD payable to UPS to the amount of $35.70 - WTF?? Package was not annotated as a USED 14 year old headlight but was given a declared value of $50.00 (for $20.00 headlight) which made things even worse.
Shipping vis USPS/Canada Post means that one would only pay a flat rate brokerage fee of $5.00. The mere screw-up of sending via UPS rather than the requested USPS has negated the viability of the acquisition and a loss of $40.00 on my part.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Sorry it happened to you a second time John.. But I can tell you that I wont ever make that mistake again :) Btw.. saw some pics of your MX.. looking good :2thumbsup:

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

I tried to send a package to somebody in canada thru USPS and they refused to ship it unless i provide a detailed list of whats inside and their descriptions and values. A "gift" of "used car parts" was apparently not good enough description for USPS. I ended up going to UPS and the receiver ended up paying extra (*EDIT* They charged him even though i sent it as "gift" *EDIT*) . In hindsight, maybe fedex or DHL might have been a good choice.
Last edited by ariesdude on January 11th, 2006, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

ariesdude wrote:I tried to send a package to somebody in canada thru USPS and they refused to ship it unless i provide a detailed list of whats inside and their descriptions and values. A "gift" of "used car parts" was apparently not good enough description for USPS. I ended up going to UPS and the receiver ended up paying extra. In hindsight, maybe fedex or DHL might have been a good choice.
YES you can provide a detailed list, YES you can provide a description of the contents, NO you can't just say it's JUST car parts - very understandable procedure in light of past post office dilemas. Once you have provided a detailed list of the contents and their descriptions and estimated value, you CAN STILL ANNOTATE IT AS A GIFT regardless. The only barriers that may present itself would be the transport of forbidden goods, dangerous goods etc. I'd be extremely surprised if used car parts could be construed as an illegal or a forbidden item. Of course size, dimensions and weight would be a factor but that would apply to any item being shipped and not exclusive to car parts. I don't believe there is a lot of glaring differences between the US and Canadian Postal Systems. At any rate, it's kind of a mute subject at this point.
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

ariesdude wrote:I tried to send a package to somebody in canada thru USPS and they refused to ship it unless i provide a detailed list of whats inside and their descriptions and values. A "gift" of "used car parts" was apparently not good enough description for USPS. I ended up going to UPS and the receiver ended up paying extra (*EDIT* They charged him even though i sent it as "gift" *EDIT*) . In hindsight, maybe fedex or DHL might have been a good choice.
DHL seems to be the bomb, 2fazed wants a fender and DHL will only charge like 15 bucks to ship it to him. As for service..who knows, i've never used them before.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”