Four wheel drive conversion

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

Do you mean for my friends Eclipse or for my MX-3? Maybe it would be better just to get really good tires and leave it front wheel drive LOL.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

How about you find a way to put chassis on your MX3, drop in a V8 and RWD (of course) and build from there?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
rmcg5

Post by rmcg5 »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:How about you find a way to put chassis on your MX3, drop in a V8 and RWD (of course) and build from there?
V8???? what are you insane.... this is a mazda forum..... 3 rotor cosmos engine!!!! now your talking RWD power!!!!! :D
Rob McGrath
1992 Blaze Red MX-3 GS-ZE 15.5 1/4 Mi.
2005 Impreza WRX STI 12.8 1/4 Mi.
http://www.teamxxxracing.com
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

V8???? what are you insane.... this is a mazda forum..... 3 rotor cosmos engine!!!! now your talking RWD power!!!!! Very Happy
Well heck, let me just go get the 787B engine, 4 rotor hehe
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
rmcg5

Post by rmcg5 »

LooseChangeRacing wrote:
V8???? what are you insane.... this is a mazda forum..... 3 rotor cosmos engine!!!! now your talking RWD power!!!!! Very Happy
Well heck, let me just go get the 787B engine, 4 rotor hehe

oooooohhhh.... the power..... mmmmmmm..... now your talking.....
Rob McGrath
1992 Blaze Red MX-3 GS-ZE 15.5 1/4 Mi.
2005 Impreza WRX STI 12.8 1/4 Mi.
http://www.teamxxxracing.com
andthisguy

Post by andthisguy »

WHY?!
andthisguy

Post by andthisguy »

seriously, if you're having traction problems.... learn something about suspension tuning.. there's a great book at barnes and nobles called "the art of suspension tuning" by... shi t, i forget the author......

anyway, good luck cutting out a tranny tunnel... try a plasma cutter... and a big saw!!

I think this guy just wants attention....well, you def got it!!!
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

andthisguy wrote:seriously, if you're having traction problems.... learn something about suspension tuning.. there's a great book at barnes and nobles called "the art of suspension tuning" by... shi t, i forget the author......

anyway, good luck cutting out a tranny tunnel... try a plasma cutter... and a big saw!!

I think this guy just wants attention....well, you def got it!!!
old post !!
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

Custom_V6_Limited_SE wrote:When I accomplish these modifications I'll post a video of what happens when I wager $1000 against a friend of mine that said "Lol you smoke me?!?!?! Lol you are dilusional, by the time you get your car running fast my car will be much faster than it is : P I'm no where hear done haha". He dosen't graduate until he's 19 in 2007 :lol: and he's running an Eclipse (not sure what year, late 90's?) with a T3/T4 hybrid turbo and several thousand dollars worth of other mods and he's planning to do a four wheel drive job on his car that he thinks will make his car beat mine.
He gets 10mpg because he has his turbo set so that it turns on if he hits the gas at all.
Right now I think he said he can do a run in the 10's and he thinks that he might get it in the 9's with the four wheel drive conversion. Supposedly he knows someone that did a 7.9 (I'll have to see what he's running).
your buddy most likley doesnt have a 10 or 9 second awd car. They cost and a-- load to get them going that quick cause drivetrains s--- themselves so much under large hp. especially eclipses.
in fact i saw recently an Mitsu evo drag off between japanese top tuners,
JUN evo had 550hp awd, the thing is retarded and only pulled a 10.01
not one of them broke into the 9s with their awd streetable/drag setup.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

i have an AWD MX3, ha ha

normally AWD cars dont do so well in the drags, the FWD Mitsus are pulling on the AWD cars when they get into the big hp numbers. BUT .... the AWD cars will always have the better 60' time. the problem is they dont have the top end speeds the FWD cars do, they are just pully too much drag, so you throw the same motor in a FWD and you have way less drag.
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

WOW, I thought this topic was dead by now lol. I have learned a lot since I first posted this (along with deciding to go to a university to continue my degree work). So, my altered and "slightly" more practical plans (at least for the next few years) envolve getting a KLZE and the latest MegaSquirt system and then possibly turbo charging and possibly building up the engine, but, I can't go too crazy because this is gonna be my daily driver at the moment. This should keep me busy for long enough for the time being since I am taking a full-time load of college again starting this fall. Maybe I will do something like an insanely built engine with 1000+whp (that would take what? 70psi? lol, maybe less with N2O) for fun when I get a good paying job with Microsoft or something LOL. hehehehehe :lol: O, and btw, I think there was some major confusion over the run times on that eclipse (which he blew up btw) I'm not sure what he was running but it couldn't have been anything overly impressive. Right now, he is running a Talon SI (Early 90's) AWD turbo. I think the best he has gotten with it so far is a 13.1 on 20psi of boost. He is thinking that he will run 12's if he ups the boost to 25psi (he has a built engine), but, I think it would be funny if he blew up another car (he is on his fifth one). He is "MitsuMike" on http://www.team-2g.com (second highest poster). Although, there is someone around that is easily running 10's. Are you ready for this? Toyota Supra, Turbo Charged 2JZ engine, ~1000whp :shock: :lol: .
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

I just had an idea :idea: . Maybe the eclipse guy was talking about 1/8th mile runs and I just didn't hear that part :mrgreen: .

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”