Dash removal help

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Ferrarislayer

Dash removal help

Post by Ferrarislayer »

At the risk of souding completely inept(sp?) I'm having trouble removing the cover around the gauge console, I've removed all the screws from above the display, removed the 2 screws on the piece under the steering wheel in the foot-well, took the pin release off and still no luck. What am I missing. btw it's the '93 dash not the newer style.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

If its like ours you have to do this:

http://www.mx3er.com/howtos/cluster/index.html
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Ferrarislayer

Post by Ferrarislayer »

Wow, looks like a real pain. Oh well it'll keep me occupied on a day I have nothing to do...Thanks man!
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Its actually quite easy once you get started - probably looks harder than it is.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

What Grants??

You dont have to do all that, man! (at least not on the North American cars....)

You do have to remove all the screws you have already taken out... then take the surround off from around the steering wheel. I think there are 3 screws that hold it together from the underside.

Take that off and the surround should caome off or give some more clues about how to take it off... LOL
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

You definitely have to do it with the 30X. You need to do it in that order because one piece hols in the next....
Ferrarislayer

Post by Ferrarislayer »

Thanks guys. I almost had it before, but it makes more sense now to take the steering cover off... Oh well now I know.

Return to “Appearance”