Ferrari Conversion

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Neil wrote:
Josh wrote:The Pics are a repost, but most of the work looks really good. like the flares and the side skirts are all metal no fiberglass. thats nice.
If its a repost when was it first posted? Just curious because if it was long ago. Than there should be more pictures available!
ill have to find it. it was about 5-6 months ago maybe a little more. but it was all the same pics.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Josh wrote:
Neil wrote:
Josh wrote:The Pics are a repost, but most of the work looks really good. like the flares and the side skirts are all metal no fiberglass. thats nice.
If its a repost when was it first posted? Just curious because if it was long ago. Than there should be more pictures available!
ill have to find it. it was about 5-6 months ago maybe a little more. but it was all the same pics.
If thats the case than there should be more pics hopefully! Just have to do some digging
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Ferrarislayer

Post by Ferrarislayer »

Like reprobation said, to each his own. from what I can see it doesn't look too bad. After paint we can really be sure. It's different from most cars I've seen even though it lends the styling from the modena. But you gotta stop and think, as long as it can blow the doors of anything it comes up against I couldn't care how it looks. All go and no show is better than all show and no go.
freakyalien

Post by freakyalien »

Its ugly now, but I think it shows promise

I've always been a fan of when something original is done
Vroooom
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Yeah its a repost. I remember seeing front end pics as well as rear pics. People were worried about the air flow to the radiator because the bumper was solid like the ferrari. But, really, its an mx-3, and although i love mx-3's, it shouldnt be made into a wannabe ferrari, just doesnt work.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

fieromx3 wrote:drop a quad 4, 3800 sc, ls1, cadillac northstar v8 in it they all bolt up to the tranny iirc and takes a little bit of modding. the 3800 sc in it makes it do low 13 w/o mods to the engine and i seen a nrthstar fiero automatic at st. thomas in london do low 13 sec. srry to get off topic there
Now that would be a great idea
A V6 or 4cyl in a Ferrari body on a MX3 body? No thanks
BUT, a V8 with a Ferrari body on a MX3 body? That would be nice 8)

If not a V8, put in a KLZE, bore and stroke, high comp forged Pistons, forged rods, custom heads and intake, ported and polished heads and intake, more aggressive cams, full exhaust, tranny with forged internals and Turbo Charge.
Now that would be sweet!
A FWD 450whp+ car, with a MX3/Ferrari body, and KLZE V6 engine

At first I hated the idea of the Ferrari conversion but as long as he can put some real power in the car, I wont have a problem.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

I think it looks sick... Want a hatch conversion myself someday and I think it flows very well.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:
fieromx3 wrote:drop a quad 4, 3800 sc, ls1, cadillac northstar v8 in it they all bolt up to the tranny iirc and takes a little bit of modding. the 3800 sc in it makes it do low 13 w/o mods to the engine and i seen a nrthstar fiero automatic at st. thomas in london do low 13 sec. srry to get off topic there
Now that would be a great idea
A V6 or 4cyl in a Ferrari body on a MX3 body? No thanks
BUT, a V8 with a Ferrari body on a MX3 body? That would be nice 8)

If not a V8, put in a KLZE, bore and stroke, high comp forged Pistons, forged rods, custom heads and intake, ported and polished heads and intake, more aggressive cams, full exhaust, tranny with forged internals and Turbo Charge.
Now that would be sweet!
A FWD 450whp+ car, with a MX3/Ferrari body, and KLZE V6 engine

At first I hated the idea of the Ferrari conversion but as long as he can put some real power in the car, I wont have a problem.
He was talking about dropping that into the Fiero... not the MX-3.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

yea i was talkin bout the fiero juan and the day someone puts a v8 in there mx-3 is the day im going to kill them :twisted:
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Ferrarislayer

Post by Ferrarislayer »

Ya, dropping a V-8 into an mx-3, or any other sport compact for that matter is taking the easy way out in my mind. Once you cram it in there, straight out of the box it's putting out massive power, no extra mods needed. If you tune a 2.5 to make 400whp+ it's way more impressive than a 5L V-8 with the same power.
Ferrarislayer

Post by Ferrarislayer »

Anybody find the site for those pics yet?

Return to “Appearance”