shaky

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
acespdz

shaky

Post by acespdz »

I have a issue i'm not sure what the Problem or solution is any help is great. Well When i'm at a red light and waiting in "D" my car idles fine for a minute then shakes for a few seconds then back to normal then shakes again. I'm not sure what this is.. It seems like the engine is missing or something. Thanx for the help
gapimpin

Post by gapimpin »

does it do the same thing if you put it into n at a stop?
acespdz

Post by acespdz »

No it idles fine if in "N"
SnoSurferr

Post by SnoSurferr »

Sounds liek it might be time to get a Filter and tranny oil change I had a s-10 blazer that did that, someone told me to get that done, and it fixed my problem, I would diff. get a filter and oil change done and see it it help, Whns that last time it was done ???
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

It might also be the tranny mount...
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Check the fluid and the mounts. Could also possibly be your throttle body or IAC messed up. I'm not sure that an auto would act the same way but on my 5 speed, the idle would be fine in neutral but if I had it in gear the rpms would drop almost to the point of stalling. You might also want to check your vacuum hoses since your idle is going up and down.

Again, these are things I did for my 5 speed, so I don't know if an auto would be the same.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”