Crossover mounting placement

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
BuGS

Crossover mounting placement

Post by BuGS »

Where have you guys mounted the crossovers for the front? I just got a set of 6.5" Kicker Components for the front and then 6.5" full range for the rear. I am wondering where do you mount the crossover at? Can it mount into the Metal of the door under the Panel and be safe or do I need to mount it somewhere else? Any places you have put em?

Thanks.
justintoxicated

Post by justintoxicated »

i would recomend mounting them on the bottom of those 2 plastic flap things in the hatch, behind the speaker grills...that is where i am gonna put mine anyway, it would be cool because they would be hidden, but if you wanted you could lift them to show off your crossovers. what are those plastic things for anyway? :shock:
Got Rice? You do!
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

i think he was asking where to mount them in the front, not the back. i mounted them on the outside so they were visible. but it seems like not to many people like that. you could just mount them on the door (metal part like you asked). basically you can mount them anywhere. you could make some fiberglass mounts to show off the speakers and crossover.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

BuGS

Post by BuGS »

anyone else??
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I always put mine under the driver and passenger seats. Always space, you can hide it under the carpet, and it doesn't get in the way of foot room if you tuck it under enough.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I put mine in the door. When the panel is off, the big hole area, I made some brackets to hold it in the middle. It's a perfect location.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

I ended up mounting mine about 3 in below the side screw (the screw on the outside of the cover you need to take off and the end of the door) and mounted them to the metal where the arm rest part of the door panel goes out.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”