what doeas MX-3 mean?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

You guys got it all wrong.. its Mazda MXxx 3 for tripple x because of the girls i get because of this car :D
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

This thread has some of hte dumbest answers I've ever read on this forum. I know most are playing, but keep it realistic or say jk.

The name stands for Mazda experiment(al) 3, RX means Rotary experiment(al) and so on. That IS the real answer.

As for the newer Mazda models (Mazda3 and Mazda 6) it doesn't stand for Mazda Mazda 6 or 3, WTF where did you come up with that. It would need to be named the Mazda M3 or M6 for that to even apply...
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Thanks Pat.

I posted this earlier and the thread too, people take stuff way out of proportin sometimes.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I tought this had been discussed months ago...
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

So does that mean that there is an MX-4 bastard child or aborted car-fetus out there?
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

PATDIESEL wrote:This thread has some of hte dumbest answers I've ever read on this forum. I know most are playing, but keep it realistic or say jk.

The name stands for Mazda experiment(al) 3, RX means Rotary experiment(al) and so on. That IS the real answer.

As for the newer Mazda models (Mazda3 and Mazda 6) it doesn't stand for Mazda Mazda 6 or 3, WTF where did you come up with that. It would need to be named the Mazda M3 or M6 for that to even apply...
:(

The answer to the "meaning of MX-3" question is fairly obvious.
However some of us, me included do have a fairly well developed sense of humour, and will always inject a little humour (designed to elicit mirth and put a smile on all our faces) into the otherwise important proceedings.

This is not an attempt to cheapen important subjects.
Or laugh at people.
It is not a sign of mediocrity, or reduced intelligence.
Personally, I want to make everyone smile.
If only a little bit.

Last time I looked, humour hadn't been banned on MX-3.COM
Let's lighten up a bit shall we?
We all have our off days, but the jolly humour of this site really attracts me everyday.

Let's not be "grouchy".
It's a horrible enough world as it is.

:(

Thunderstorm
1998 MX-3 RS 1.6i DOHC "Blackbird". Totally Stock.

The 21st Century is a con; where is my Hovercar?!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058708
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Amen to that, brother Thunderstorm!
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
rpgaines

Post by rpgaines »

FWIW:

I work in a body shop, and when I put the VIN of a Mazda # into my computer to decode it, it does list the car name as "Mazda Mazda 3" .... just sounds weird to me. BTW, I'm a complete noob, so be gentle.... 8)

Ryan
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

My commend was part joke, park serious cause if you think about it, the car's called the "Mazda 3" not the "3", so for obvious reasons, when speaking, there's no reason to say Mazda twice, but when looking at it logically, it's Mazda's Mazda 3
Manufactuere: Mazda
Model: Mazda 3
Mazda Mazda 3, as odd as that sounds, that's what it is

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
slowmx3

Post by slowmx3 »

shutupturnaround wrote:there used to be a guy with the last mane miller who was designign enignes for mazda liek the miller-cycle engine in the 929 and i beleive he was also part of the design team on the k-series engines therefor callign ti the mazda miller-experimental 3
The miller cycle engine was not designed by a mazda employee
1992 mx-3, a couple mods, i'm still a n00b
---Don't try and church your car up, MX-3's aren't fast---
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Cpl_Bryant wrote:So does that mean that there is an MX-4 bastard child or aborted car-fetus out there?
thats just helarious. there probably is a car called the MX4 sitting on a piece of paper somewhere. :D

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”