window gets stuck

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
CarMan1

window gets stuck

Post by CarMan1 »

ok, i know i saw a thread on here about stuck windows... i tried searching for it and cant find anything...

so when i roll my window up, it gets half way up no problem, but at that halfway point it gets really really hard to roll up...

its so hard that u can see the outside of my door being pulled in i have to pull on the handle so hard... how come this happens? i looked at the inside of the door where the window sits and it doesnt look like anything is wrong..?? maybe there is and i missed it... any info would be helpful

i dont have power windows, these are nonpower
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

First thing to try is to lubricate where the glass slides, it could be grabbing on the rubbers. Use something like silicone spray lubricant.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Check out this link w/special attention to David Witherow's fix - 1/2 way down page one, and also Pat Diesel's recommendations for track lubing. You'll also find a link in the same thread to a Mazda Tech Svc. Bulliten (TSB) for this prob on MX-3's with '92 and '93 manufacture VINs (some drivers claim later years affected too). http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... c&&start=0 G'luck.
Image -Jim
CarMan1

Post by CarMan1 »

i took my door panel off too, and i found that if i pushed the glass up in the back of the window, it sould slide right up, and seemed to release pressure from somewhere...
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Then either David Witherow's fix on the thread/link I posted, or the TSB fix linked within that same thread would seem to be the prob. Try David's fix first - just involves tightening a couple screws.
Image -Jim
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

neutral wrote:Then either David Witherow's fix on the thread/link I posted, or the TSB fix linked within that same thread would seem to be the prob. Try David's fix first - just involves tightening a couple screws.
I've done this on a different car with a slight adjustment (only a couple of millimetres) and worked fine.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
cb mx3

Post by cb mx3 »

I never realized this was such a common thing. Thought I was the one and only. Hope that tighting of the screws works. Is it mainly the drivers side and manual windows or does it happen to the passenger side too and on power windows.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Power window probs can get slightly more complicated by a wider variety of probs and their causes due to having a motor and actuator that can go bad but lubing the actuator tracks is also a reported prob/fix on older models (like any car with old pwr windows) As for the pass side, it would probably be an equally reported malfunction if it got used as much as the driver side window... whether manual or power.
Image -Jim
CarMan1

Post by CarMan1 »

yeh thats a good idea... my screws were a little loose, but i didnt think to hold the window in the correct position and then tighten em down... guess ill give it a try
94mxthree

Post by 94mxthree »

neutral wrote:Check out this link w/special attention to David Witherow's fix - 1/2 way down page one, and also Pat Diesel's recommendations for track lubing. You'll also find a link in the same thread to a Mazda Tech Svc. Bulliten (TSB) for this prob on MX-3's with '92 and '93 manufacture VINs (some drivers claim later years affected too). http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... c&&start=0 G'luck.

link does not work,where can i find this information?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

here is the fixed link:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph ... c&&start=0

Also.. if you check out the main MX-3.com home page (not this forum area) you will find a section of TSB's (technical service bulletins) and this issue has been covered in that section and how to fix & resolve the issue.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
94mxthree

Post by 94mxthree »

Hey thanks.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”