"Test n Tune", by Deimos (Ian)

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

"Test n Tune", by Deimos (Ian)

Post by jschrauwen »

Well, feeling pretty cocky with his new engine install, Ian (Deimos) feels the NEED for SPEED (in a controlled environment of course ....LOL).

"OK, I'm already ...... bring out the bad boys". Oh look who decides to take Ian's challenge .... it's Mr. Camaro.

"Ooooops, I think I missed the lights ... it's OK Mr. Camaro, you'll need the head start anyway ... I'm ZE powa'd .... I think".

"Hmmmm, what a splendid day at the track .... all by myself on Lover's Lane. I wonder where MR. Camaro went to?"

"Oh look, there he is .... that's OK Mr. Camaro, I'm still in the tuning phase anyway". :wink:

"OK, who's next ...... MR. Bracket Mustang, would you like to come out and play....?"

*THE END*

Well almost the end. Later on he did take on the Mustang too. Ian, you got b*lls ... LOL
Last edited by jschrauwen on September 20th, 2005, 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

OMG Thats hilarious... The one who takes the pics wont even take it past 4000rpm in 5th... we all know John drives slow :pimp:

Just joking!!! :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

oh i was already pretty sure i'm a DE, but at least i did get on the track. i assume the rev limit is someplace just above 7500? cuz i didn't hit it

and i believe the mustang cobra killed me even worse :D
phredren

Post by phredren »

So what did you run at the track? I don't know what KLZE MX3s run...
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

well, my KLDE ran a 15.5 best of 4 runs. that's w/ a horrible start, stock intake and exhaust. as compared to my old K8 that ran a 17.5 a couple weeks ago.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Excellent.... John did you take it to the track or stay track side?
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Selecta wrote: Excellent.... John did you take it to the track or stay track side?
No, no track time for me. I already know that my car is not 100% and I'm concerned that I may smoke the tranny or an axle. I've got a bunch of parts the need to be installed soon - calipers, rotors, SS lines, pads and few other items like Wideband O2's and and a stand-alone management system. Once this is done I wouldn't mind confirming the upgrades via track and/or dyno. Once I remove the heads this winter, I'll have a better appreciation of what's needed.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

ah so hopefully next spring/summer you will be running the track...excellent...I hope to make it out then as well once my parts are installed as well.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

A couple more pics (not taken by me)

Stock KL-DE running 18psi and hitting 11.4s :shock:

A 323 with a ZE swap and a 75 shot of nitrous (was in the 12s i think)
I was said when I looked inside of it because he had a FULL mx3 se leather interior in good condition :(

probe vs. 323

mmmm 700whp supra
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

nasty front end on the supra though
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

relisys_3200 wrote:Stock KL-DE running 18psi and hitting 11.4s :shock:
I don't know how many times I passed by that Probe and not once was there someone to talk to or able to see under the hood. He kept it closed almost all of the time I think.
relisys_3200 wrote:A 323 with a ZE swap and a 75 shot of nitrous (was in the 12s i think)
I was said when I looked inside of it because he had a FULL mx3 se leather interior in good condition :(
Pretty rough looking 323 under the hood (wiring and cosmetics wise) but there sure was ample room for the ZE. Even looked like there was more room to spare than our engine bay. I should have taken a pic. Oh ya, I believe he had a volkswagen rad in there that was held on with tie straps. And a mighty fine tie strap job it was ... Mikey ...LOL
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

did that supra race? he better not of cuz ive been goin to the track ALWAYS hoping to see a supra there. and the stock internals of a kl-de can handle 18 psi?
good_glory

Post by good_glory »

hahah nice story there John

Ian, good stuff for goin out.
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

Ur times should dramatically change now that u got the real ZE in there now, and fun starts now cuz ur clutch is already broken in :) Have fun Ian
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

good_glory wrote:hahah nice story there John
Ian, good stuff for goin out.
Well look who showed up ... LOL, thought you went into hibernation jaim ... LOL
kp2t wrote:Ur times should dramatically change now that u got the real ZE in there now, and fun starts now cuz ur clutch is already broken in :) Have fun Ian
What, What, What, What, What's this??? Ian's finally got a real ZE in there. Can this be true?? Ian, YO DA MAN!!! Gonna need some extra padding in the back of the seat now ... that ZE is gonna put you there a bunch of times now!!! How does it feel compared to the DE? We need details and pics. Good on ya mate, now Uday and Mike will be chasing you ... LOL

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”