3.00+ a gallon

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
CarMan1

Post by CarMan1 »

yeh i know, its barely under 3.00 here... i think it fell to 2.99 for low octain
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

In Washington DC area regular grade gas has climbed from 2.40/gal 3 weeks ago to 2.75/gal 10 days ago to 3.75/gal today and some stations higher than that. One station went from 3.49/gal Fri. a.m. to 5.80/gal Fri. afternoon. U.S. supply of refined gasoline is effed up from gulf coast damage and shut-down port facilities, refineries, and the 2 major pipelines only are partially running that distribute petrol from the gulf coast up most of the eastern half of the U.S. I expect to see prices bounce around between 4.00 - 6.00/gal for maybe quite awhile. Bigger question is... will any areas start running out of gas.

I'm lucky, my cars all get 30+ mpg and I live close enough to my job to stretch a full tank 3+ weeks if needed. Plenty of ppl here commute 50-100 miles daily round trip and hafta fill up their big ole SUV couple times a week. SUV's are goin outta style real quick. :P
Image -Jim
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I dont even know what the price of gas is. It's probably changed, its been 20 mins since I looked at a sign :P All i know is that 2 months ago i could fill my tank for 30 bucks, and now that same tank is 52ish. Some oil exec's heads better start rollin.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
sk8erdude28

Post by sk8erdude28 »

Pfft. When calculation canadian cost of abour 1.35 a litre, from what undetrstand, it equates to almost 5 bucks a gallon.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

yah, 1.35CAD/liter = ~$4.50/U.S. Gallon.
Last edited by neutral on September 5th, 2005, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image -Jim
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Im at 2.63... used to get full with 23 dllrs..now I bet its over 30.. I filled with 10 dllrs..it was 3.30 gallons!! A quart and a half on the gas gauge needle. There is now way I can drive my nissan maxima anymore.. That one ..10 dollars is exactly one quart :S fills up with around 40 - 45. I think thats just WAY out of hand.. in mexico gas is now cheaper than here... and they are still bumping it.. but i guess its fueling there now instead of here. (border city)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Chigga311

Post by Chigga311 »

Hi,
i dont have a Mx3 but im looking into getting one
What kind of Gas mileage do you guys see?
How fast is a stock MX3 GS V6 acceleration wise?
How does it handle compared to a S13 (89-94) 240sx?
Famine

Post by Famine »

Chigga311 wrote:Hi,
i dont have a Mx3 but im looking into getting one
What kind of Gas mileage do you guys see?
How fast is a stock MX3 GS V6 acceleration wise?
How does it handle compared to a S13 (89-94) 240sx?
My V6 returns an absolute high of 38mpg (Imperial) and an absolute low of 22mpg (Imperial), sitting at about 32mpg (Imperial) average - that's 31.6/18.3/26.6 in miles per US gallon. I think that's pretty good - the low occured only when I was driving a short, fast way to work, and the high when sitting at constant motorway speeds.

0-62mph (0-100km/h) will happen, on the flat with standard boots, in anywhere from 7.8-8.5s, depending on who you believe. A rough stopwatch time on mine with the current, stickier tyres (Toyo Proxes T1-R) saw 7.6, but I wouldn't take that as a factual figure of any flavour (and I'm not that bothered to go down to the strip to find out).

I wouldn't be prepared to compare the handling of any RWD with any FWD, but I will say that the MX-3 handles unlike any FWD car I've ever driven, being FAR more prone to oversteer (though not true power-oversteer) than understeer in all but the skankiest of road conditions. I'd be inclined to put this down to a combination of the more favourable weight balance, astonishing "chassis" (for want of a better word) and Mazda's TTL rear suspension. It'll pull a 0.89 on the skidpad and, according to its Wikipedia article, its "handling capabilities are one of the best in class."

Hope this helps you. Oh, and buy one. You won't regret it.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”