Aftermarket Headlight Assembly

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
thrashmechanix

Aftermarket Headlight Assembly

Post by thrashmechanix »

Can anyone point me to a good website or otherwise company that deals in aftermarket headlight assemblies for a '93 Mx-3? It's going to cost me $600 to replace my headlights if I can't find a good aftermarket retailer. Any help at all would be appreciated.<P>--Cory
OsoSlo z28

Re: Aftermarket Headlight Assembly

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

as far as aftermarket headlights, all i can think of is the glass jdm headlights, which will run just about the same if not more. try calling junkyards and mazda recyling centers.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Shoalinfist

Post by Shoalinfist »

If you want talk to SRD to find out the deal, but about 2 months ago I talked to them about projector headlights and they said they MIGHT start a project to make some. Don't know the deal now cause I told them I try them later to see what's up. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
david103

Post by david103 »

no, actually do NOT talk to SRD. if they get bothered too much, they'll stop making them. they told me so through an email.<P>dave
codene

Post by codene »

wouldnt it be good if people were asking about them? it would meen theres a better market for em.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

if you are replacing them because of the ugly film on the plastic lense i heard that you can heat the glue around the edge and then clean them. not sure about this though so don't try it unless you are ready to replce them if it does not work. if it doesn't then the glass ones i know you can clean when they get dirty. however, i would be extremely interested in projection headlights!
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

shoot, about the earlier reply yopu heat the glue and then pull the lense off so that you can clean the inside. not sure though, might be that the plastic is just discolouring
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
basil_75

Post by basil_75 »

Actually, a small buffer and some plastic polish will get rid of the yellow discoloration on the outside of the headlights. Just put in a little bit of time and they will shine up nice.<P><BR>-Kevin
George Jefferson= Reason for birth control
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

How do you heat the glue up? Do you use a heat gun or what?
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

you could but if you want to get an even distribution of heat so you dont warp them put them in the oven on a low heat setting and to put them back on do the same thing but wrap some string around them to hold the lens on while it heats up the sealant
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

I guess the same could be said for the taillights as well.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
QPDZARO

Post by QPDZARO »

what you need to do is get plexiglass cleaner I had the same problem when I bought my car...I recomend FLITZ and a non toxic non corosive cleaner, and it dose wonders. I almost didnt by my MX-3 because the headlight covers where so incredably yellow. 2 minuates of rubbing this cleaner on it, and Wall-aaah looks as clean and clear as show floor Miata light covers!!!

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”