Performance Results (aka Racing Stories)

Off-Topic Discussions

Would you like to see Performance Results

Yes
68%
No
26%
Don't care
5%

Total votes: 19

cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I edited the post. There are STRICT rules on this UBB about street racing. If you post ANYTING about speeding on the street against another car IT WILL BE DELETED. If you dont like it....go somewheres else.....Nuff said. If you have a problem take it up with Jeff..
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
MX3newbie77
Supporting Member

Post by MX3newbie77 »

If you really need to brag about that Civic on 30 pound rims and a 'sweet system' that you beat by a car length, Probetalk.com has a Kill Stories forum. :roll:
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

There are a couple of broad opposing views on this topic and some valid points within each. I'd enjoy reading about unofficial "performance results" and specifically the modifications that obtained those results too. Unfortunately, when the boundary of what's appropriate to post in this area gets fuzzy/open to interpretation, etc., we'd probably be embroiled in a much more complicated (and neverending) discussion & disagreement than the positions eloquently posted on this thread.

I gotta hang with Jeff and others re the current BB policy on this one. jschrauwen has a good idea - but it's just too subjectively open to constant argument from disgruntled members when the mods would try to objectively but selectively enforce a broader interpretation of what constitutes inappropriate performance results from "street racing." The current policy is restrictive, but easily understood, clearly enforceable, and leaves nothing open for multiple interpretations. my .02 fwiw
Image -Jim
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

I'm with Jeff.....IT'S HIS BOARD AND HIS RULES....IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GO ELSEWHERE.!!! Just my 2 cents.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Do I think we should have "Street Racing Stories" allowed on this forum? Yes
Do I street race? no
Do I think street racing is stupid? Yes, very stupid to a extent. Racing on a controled street = OK. Racing on a public street = Stupid
Last edited by Juans_93_MX3 on August 19th, 2005, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

monty73741 wrote:ITS JEFF"S SITE & JEFF"S RULZ
Personally i think it puts jeff in a liablity to let streetracing stories on the BOARD & Street racing nowa days, isnt organized its a bunch of kids just driving fast till one gives up
Understood, that it's Jeff's site and Jeff's rules. That point was never in dispute or challenged at least not by me. Liable for what and liable to who and on what grounds and on what charge. That question was asked with no clarification given.
MX3newbie77 wrote:If you really need to brag about that Civic on 30 pound rims and a 'sweet system' that you beat by a car length, Probetalk.com has a Kill Stories forum. :roll:
I'm quite aware of what's on Probetalk, I use it quite frequently. Strange, I never make it a point to look into the "Kill Stories". Just realized that, this minute. I think maybe because I'm more interested in OUR car. The words or term brag was never a point of discussion from my point of view. Don't think I even remotely suggested something regarding bragging or bragging rights. Possibly an interpretation on your part but never a proponent on mine. A re-read and disection of my main posts should reveal a more mature approach to the matter.
exdream_mx3 wrote:I'm with Jeff.....IT'S HIS BOARD AND HIS RULES....IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GO ELSEWHERE.!!! Just my 2 cents.
You don't believe that there's always room for change, room for ammendments, room for modification or room for progress. This BB is always in a state of change, has to be, or it will just go stale and wither away. It must keep abreast, make changes, it's a way of keeping things fresh, vibrant, alive, educational and entertaining. Rules aside, there will always be changes in every aspect of life. I just thought that this may be one of those times where this type of a change may be a good thing. Done correctly of course, and with proper management, I believe it to be a possibility. Rather than just up and leaving like you suggest, I prefer to be a participatory proponent of this BB. Those that know me a little better know that I have defended and evoked the rules of this BB numerous times. And I believe that I have more than just 2 cents to offer this BB which has given me so much more.
neutral wrote:The current policy is restrictive, but easily understood, clearly enforceable, and leaves nothing open for multiple interpretations. my .02 fwiw
Very true Jim. It's good to have clear boundries. I just hope those boundaries don't turn into brick walls that no one can penetrate.
neutral wrote:I gotta hang with Jeff and others re the current BB policy on this one. jschrauwen has a good idea - but it's just too subjectively open to constant argument from disgruntled members
Again, very true Jim, I think perhaps my age is getting in the way of this. I was hoping for a more mature approach, take , perspective on the matter and I really don't think some people really got the gist of what I was trying to convey. It's like they couldn't see the trees for the forest. You're right though, it is subjective, but that's what make's it fun, that's what makes it informative and that's what make's it entertaining. But you must admit, it sure stirred a few emotions and raised a few heads. Perhaps this BB is not quite ready for something like this, and that's a shame, but understandable. And although the poll supports my suggestion/proposal, I submit to the powers that be, even though Jeff or Barry hasn't commented on this particular topic/issue, I shall continue to abide by the rules set forward by the managing staff.
john
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Well jschrauwen I think you've made the most misunderstood post on the site. At the risk of sounding callous, which isn't my intention, the thread was hijacked from the very first reply and has been off track ever since. No sensible dialog was entered into at all.

I think the moderators have handled this very badly. One yells at you and the other edited a post. Wouldn't deleting it be more suitable as now it has been edited it is surely out of context?

It also seems entirely inappropriate to have graphic photgraphs of a fatal motor vehicle accident, complete I assume with an unfortunate person trapped inside the inferno. Obviously the moderators have seen these and condone this type of content. The only other time I remember photos of a fatal being posted on this site the person who posted them immediately removed them with apologies when he learnt the story of the accident. Pity we all couldn't be as decent and respectful. A dark day for mx-3.com.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

I think that from those pictures we all should take some good out of it. YES it was a tragic scene but it was also on the cover of 2 major newspapers in the area.

Next time someone who saw this pic decides to do something stupid, mabe they'll think of these pics and decide not to take the chance.

I think it is a dark day in mx-3.com history but not for the same reasons. Perfromance results can be properly measured at a Racetrack or closed and controlled facility where racing takes place. Not on the Highway.

The owners/moderators of this site have always been very adamant about their position on street racing. I think we should respect that.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

bmwm3guy wrote:I think that from those pictures we all should take some good out of it. YES it was a tragic scene but it was also on the cover of 2 major newspapers in the area.
Next time someone who saw this pic decides to do something stupid, mabe they'll think of these pics and decide not to take the chance.
I think it is a dark day in mx-3.com history but not for the same reasons. Perfromance results can be properly measured at a Racetrack or closed and controlled facility where racing takes place. Not on the Highway.
The owners/moderators of this site have always been very adamant about their position on street racing. I think we should respect that.
Your point of view or perspective was carefully considered and duely noted earlier, thanks again.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Grants wrote:Well jschrauwen I think you've made the most misunderstood post on the site. At the risk of sounding callous, which isn't my intention, the thread was hijacked from the very first reply and has been off track ever since. No sensible dialog was entered into at all. That was the point of my re-iteration numerous times of the subject title. I could not get it clear enough to the majority, or more specifically, to the younger crowd. They read and interpretted what perhaps they wanted and not what in my estimation was the point that I clearly made. Strangely though, the number of decending posts do not correspond with the number of ascending poll votes. Clearly, those in favour were not so inclined enough to post their supportive claims.

I think the moderators have handled this very badly. One yells at you and the other edited a post. Wouldn't deleting it be more suitable as now it has been edited it is surely out of context? I would say that it wasn't given it's due consideration.
It also seems entirely inappropriate to have graphic photgraphs of a fatal motor vehicle accident, complete I assume with an unfortunate person trapped inside the inferno. Obviously the moderators have seen these and condone this type of content. The only other time I remember photos of a fatal being posted on this site the person who posted them immediately removed them with apologies when he learnt the story of the accident. Pity we all couldn't be as decent and respectful. A dark day for mx-3.com. I agree that it was completely inappropriate to post those pics, graphic and detailed as they were, but also to have an indepth dialogue to support those pics. A tragedy - yes, but completely out of context and theme to the subject being posted. I believe that it would be the moderators responsibility to address that specific issue with that specific person. I empathise for the persons feelings since it clearly strikes close to home for him. My feelings are also tempered by my own personal experiences with drinking and driving. I was one of the fortunate few that, didn't get into an accident, didn't hurt anyone, didn't cause any damage, but none the less I still payed a hefty price 20 years ago by losing my licence for 6 months, almost losing my job and career, paying a hefty fine, attending impaired courses, and paying other penalties for 5 successive years later. I know the consequences on both sides. I only mention this in order to alleviate those peoples concerns that I am fully cognisant of the consequences of undisciplined behaviour. Which brings me back to square one which is, not glorifying or condoning undisciplined or wreckless behaviour.
raidermaniac

Post by raidermaniac »

i think this post should be closed ,deleted or something real soon because all this talk about streetracing is really getting me hyped to race.
and if anything bad happens then i believe u guys are to blame for talking about all this stuff on a public site.shame on you.
i honestly believe if no one talks about streetracing then it won,t happen.
i'd like to thank mx-3.com for not only protecting us from scammers,but also keeping the streets safe from streetracing.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

jeff has no liability at all. You decided to come to this site, you decided to read what you found here and you decided to post. The internet is public domain, even though this is a privately owned site. To say jeff has liability on issues like this is to say you were out on a walk in the woods and broke your leg, then to blame the government for you breaking your leg in the middle of government owned land.

Anything you read on this site is at your own risk. Anyone expecting to be sheltered from things on this site shouldnt be visiting the site
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

raidermaniac wrote:i think this post should be closed ,deleted or something real soon because all this talk about streetracing is really getting me hyped to race.
and if anything bad happens then i believe u guys are to blame for talking about all this stuff on a public site.shame on you.
i'd like to thank mx-3.com for not only protecting us from scammers,but also keeping the streets safe from streetracing.
Is this sarcasm?
No more MX-3.
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

raidermaniac wrote:i think this post should be closed ,deleted or something real soon because all this talk about streetracing is really getting me hyped to race.
Are you 17 or just dumb? If you meant that with sarcasm (which it doesn't sound like it) then my apologies if not then you need to go out buy 50 litres of gas throw half of it onto yor car, burn it then put the other half on your computer and burn it, so you can't read threads about street racing as they "hype" you to street race :dunno: You seriously need to realize that street racing is in no way awesome or something you should do because your hyped to do it.

Funny story from last weekk, an idiot got pulled over 20 seconds after he peeled out from a stop light thinking I was going to race him, I hope they nabbed him for racing thats like 7 points a HUGE fine and you may have to do special driver training before getting your license back, oh and his insurance if they don't drop him is going to be huge, I wont even get into the aspect of how unsafe it is, I really hope you never get into an accident from your dumb behaviour but hope you get to see a serious accident happen before you, I promise you, you wont ever consider being stupid in a car again.

I still agree with John, I respect that the moderators have avoided this topic from entering the threads but I can see it being an educational tool especially for all the ricers out there thinking their V6's are indy cars, trust me that s***tbox civic thats revving his engine at you probably has nothing done under the hood anyway because anyone that really loves cars and appreciates their freedom of having a license won't street race.

*EDIT*

raidermaniac you say its our fault if you do something stupid we are to blame? I am sorry how much more dumb can you get, by you being born dumb then doing somethin dumb you will try and blame someone else for it, next time you get pulled over for being dumb tell the officer the people at mx3.com made me do it watch him laugh at you :roll: and your going to thank mx3 for protecting us from street racing, how are they doing that may I ask? last time I checked a website doesn't think for you, unless you really are as dumb as you sound then it won't take alot to brainwash you.

Sell your mx3 and get a civic you will fit right in with that crowd. Ricers unite!
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I agree
This thread also has me getting hyped on Street Racing
I even downloaded the Fast and The Furious soundtrack to get me going

If anything happens to me for street racing, I will sue Jeff and everyone apart of this thread and site.
I'll sue all of you just like I tried to sue my school because they gave me too much homework which made me brake my back
Or when I tried to sue KFC for not letting me refund a piece of chicken that I already half ate...
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap

Return to “Off-Topic”