Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 26

Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

All politicians DO lie ;) Thats how they get into office to begin with ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Tunes67 wrote:All politicians DO lie ;) Thats how they get into office to begin with ;)

Tunes67
Ah yes - I agree! Thats why I wrote
politicians lie all the time
:wink:
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Heh.. thought you were being a bit sarcastic LOL No worries :D

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

They abuse their power alot but who cares, atleast they PROTECT US!!!

I got a police neighbor near by who parked his car on the sidewalk!!!! :x
But hey, atleast I feel more safe now having a cop neighbor :D

I will tell you this though, some cops are a--holes espically at my old Middle School (6-8th grade)
One time when I was in the 8th grade (now in 11th) I was getting my stuff from my locker out for class (was 5 minutes late because I was playing Football). Anyway, the School pig walks by and tells me to follow him (along with some other kids that he got) to his office. WTF?
On our way to his office I started laughing because he was saying that we were going to court for this and I thought he was joking until he gets mad because he was actually serious. I recall him saying something like, "what you guys think this is funny, everything is a joke to you kids"
Anyway, got to his office where he starts asking me why I wasnt in class. I tell him I just came from launch and was only 5 minutes late and that the teachers are cool about it as long as people are not 15 minutes late to class
He tries to be a hard a-- by telling me to, "get that smirk off your face"
I didnt even have a smirk but I didnt say anything
He starts telling me all this other BS then tells me he is going to let me go and that he is only going to give me a warning ticket
On the VIOLATION box he put: Not in class during school hours
What a fag...
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

i can tell you a few anecdotes beyond the usual traffic stop:

how about the time my sis got held up at gunpoint, and actually had the presenece of mind to get the guys' license plate #? Guess if they caught the guy. Guess if she got her stuff back.

How about the time a crazy ex-gf of mine sent 3 large guys to my front door, after she told them i beat her? she had bruises on her arms from me wrestling a bottle of prescription pain killers she was trying to cram in her mouth and off herself -- she was one of those types. luckily i had a few buddies of mine over, and we're all a capable bunch. still... never found out who they were, and the ex never got jammed up for anything. we had witnesses and everything.

there's plenty more i could say, although some might be a little self incriminating, and so on... but regardless, i've been on both sides of the law, and never seen one instance that they've been truly helpful or saved the day, or even acted righteously. i've seen cops with my own eyes lie under oath. plant evidence.

of course there's exceptions and all that... but look all the stories and decide for yourself whether it's the good ones or the bad ones who are the exception to the rule.

the cops that come and make reports after your house gets robbed... if you think that's help, think again. they're not protection these days, they're the cleanup crew. any value they contribute to society is little -- and negated 10x over by their corruption
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

Do police abuse their power you ask?

Does a fat baby fart???? :roll: :lol:
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

Ok, so maybe cops abuse their power. They're human just like us. Tell me you've never told a lower ranking co-worker to do a crap job just cause you didn't want to do it. Everyone has abused their power at least once, from the work place to the school yard, it's just part of being human.

Now, I'm not trying to start any fights, but it's insane how people are complaining about cops while they're admitting to breaking the law. Driving 27 in a 25... that's a crime. Performing a california stop (even at 2 in the morning all alone)... still against the law. Following traffic (even if they're speeding... still a crime. I'm sorry, but people expect a grey area around these types of violations, but the law is black and white. Imagine a suspected murderer using the defence "Aw come on officer, I was in a hurry and I only shot him once..." We have to accept that if we do not follow the laws as they're written we live with the expectation of getting cited or worse.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Hey freyguy,

Ever thought about a career in law enforcement?? :P Just kidding.

Nice to see someone voicing their opinion even if it isn't the popular one.
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

one day on my way to work while passing a public park I saw to cops pushing & roughing up a homeless person who was apparently sleeping on a bench :(
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Short answer to "Do the police abuse their power?" - No. Is it a routine problem - I believe not. Has it happened in the past - of course. Does it happen to this day - sure it does. Will it continue to happen in the future - more than likely. Perhaps asking if they always abuse their power would be more adequate. In that case, I would say no. They're people like you and me who may have or may inadvertantly or intentionally cross the line. Being in the public eye, their transgressions get over amplified and sometimes exagerated giving an overall impression that is not favourable. Police, like you and me are regular people who sometimes make mistakes. And like "some" people, there are those that may stray from the straight. To paint an overall picture based on those that stray is to generalize, categorize or to profile. I think we all have our views on profiling, so would it be fair to apply similar attitudes. I do have a certain amount of power in my position. Have I abused that power in the past - sure I have. Will I abuse that power in the future - probably, but I knowingly hope not or do not wish to. But that is the reality of the situation, or at least mine.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

jschrauwen wrote:...
Very well said
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

"Power corrupts.. and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
Best. Quote. Ever.
I don't care if some of them are "okay", the bad ones are ruining it for everyone else. And about the "law is black and white", well it shouldn't be.
Infact, I would go as far as saying that a cop that pulls someone over for doing 27 in a 25 is a dumbass.
If you are following traffic, doing the same speed as the traffic, and you get pulled over, the cop's a dumbass. You can't punish one person for doing it, unless you can punish the rest. NOW, say they had 100 cops on the side of the freeway to pull every single one over, I would actually be fine with that!
It's about fairness, and who's actually a danger to society.
I could go into detail about who's actually dangerous to society... And I will.
Bush. Rapists. Bad cops. Drug dealers. Druggies. Prostitutes. Prostitute customers. Gang Bangers. Drunks/alchoholics. Weaving/crazy drivers.
I can't count the number of times I've found out about REAL CRIMES that go un-punished (go ahead and search online, it's absolutely maddening). But then I turn around and see cops pulling people over for going 70 in a 65 at 4am. OH NO! I'm technically being unlawful!
What-f---ing-ever. Go arrest some real criminals ya oinkers.

And to not seem like as much of a jerk as I did just now, I mean pigs as in the ones who actually do bad things. Not the good cops, I know they are out there, they rock.
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

lol, it changed my F-word. How new is that? :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic”