Temperature Guage Woes

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Paylrider

Temperature Guage Woes

Post by Paylrider »

I changed my engine from a 92 to a 95 K8, the 95 does not have the second temperature sensor, so I drilled, tapped and installed one, now my fan works but the temp guage does not. I changed both the black and green sensor (both used) with no luck, as well as the guage. There are three items in the same area, a black sensor, a green sensor, both double wire, and a single wire sensor, does anyone know which one makes the temp guage work?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I am pretty sure its the single wire sensor.. others will be able to confirm or deny this though. Hope this helps.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Paylrider

Post by Paylrider »

It would make sense, that is the only one I have not changed yet, but I have one, hope its true, waiting for more input.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I'm pretty sure it is the single wire sensor also. I can check tomorrow and let you know.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Yes it would be the single wire one - the others are almost certainly switches - not sensors, even though they may be called "sensors". I think all they do is put a ground polarity to the ECU when they switch. So yes - definitely the single wire one. You can see the "switches" here:
http://www.mx3er.com/Info/1993%20Wiring%20Diagrams.pdf
Figure 4, grid 15A
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Paylrider

Post by Paylrider »

It was the single wire sensor, thanks for the input, problem solved

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”