5 sec klze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
adjare87

5 sec klze

Post by adjare87 »

I have spent the last four hours in these forums looking at klze info. These engines look like they would be the best bet to swap into an mx-3. My question is, would it be possible to get a 0-60 around a five to mid-five seconds? Is that asking to much? If not, taking a stock klze, what would have to be done and how much would have to be spent approxiamately?
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

If you stripped the interior and put slicks on, I don't see why you couldn't get in under 6.0 0-60 with a ZE.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

6 seconds? thats like what a stock klze mx3 would run. high 5's is easily attainable with mods and a bit of lightening of the interior....and of course slicks or good sticky tires.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

Gro Harlem wrote:6 seconds? thats like what a stock klze mx3 would run. high 5's is easily attainable with mods and a bit of lightening of the interior....and of course slicks or good sticky tires.
Nod, totally obtainable with reasonable mods.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

With all bolt ons for the ZE it could be in the high 5's. A stockish ZE no way mid to high 6's IMO and I own a low 5 second 0-60 car so I have a solid comparison.
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

I totally disagree. This car easily does 0-60 in 6 seconds or less. Especially if the car is running well and decent tires. One thing about butt dyno's is that this car has a very flat torque curve - this may lead you to think that its slower than it is.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”