1.8L Turbo.....

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Legato626

turbo

Post by Legato626 »

Why i am wondering is because i am not going to let you guys ahve all the turbo fun. =) Going to stick my mx3 in the shop for the rest of the year and geting ready to order my KL-ZE and i want to see if i can get a list of some of the turbo setups you guys have and the price of the list.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

:sigh: It IS possible to turbo a K8 for less than a KLZE. That is assuming you know enough about this stuff to install the ZE yourself, or fabricate parts, and install the turbo system yourself. Which is the better idea? If you don't have a lot of money, the ZE. If you do have a lot of money, the ZE. Reason being. The KLZE will give more power at first, has more potential, and is initially more reliable. If you were to build a turbo system for under $1K then you are doing it with a lot of used supplies (Junkyard turbo, intercooler, injectors, etc.) Although the KLZE is also used, it will only have 30K miles on it, whereas the turbo can have 30K or 300K you don't know. Now, if you are debating on the 2. The KLZE should give better gas milage than the 1.8T plus, you can make yhe KLZE a turbo system later on. If you are into turbo's and just want turbo power, turbo the K8 because if in the future you want more power, you can swap the turbo system from the K8 to the KLZE with minimal alterations.

(I can turbo the K8 for under $600)
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Forced Induction”