Where can I get a Mazdaspeed style spoiler in the UK?

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
DamoV6UK
Location: The little known village of Mortimer near Reading in sunshine drenched England

Where can I get a Mazdaspeed style spoiler in the UK?

Post by DamoV6UK »

Looking for a Mazdaspeed style spoiler for my MX as am not going to put a kit on car but am doing subtle mods and think it would look pretty sweet.

Saw one on a silver mx3 in Liverpool last week so its gotta be possible, it really suited the car.

I am no way paying £400 freight after buying one from america for under £100!!

Damo
MX3 V6 - Modified to include lots of bits such as a Poppy Coral air freshener...
If you see a red MX shattering the tranquility of the Berkshire countryside... Give us a wave!!
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by garfy1981 »

you had any luck finding a supplier, also interested in the same spoiler, I do a bit of fishing and see if i can find one, and keep you posted !!
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
DamoV6UK
Location: The little known village of Mortimer near Reading in sunshine drenched England

Post by DamoV6UK »

I found it on the pakfeifer austria website for about £280 when you convert from euros, but thats plus shipping which starts to become silly money again!!

Damo
MX3 V6 - Modified to include lots of bits such as a Poppy Coral air freshener...
If you see a red MX shattering the tranquility of the Berkshire countryside... Give us a wave!!
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

becoming hard to find a uk supplier, http://www.corksport.com do two versions of the MS spoiler there own copy or a genuine one but again its the p&p that ruins it! if your after pakfiefer products the uk supplier for that is http://www.evoperformance.co.uk but i dont like the pakfiefer style.
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
DamoV6UK

Post by DamoV6UK »

No I dont like the pakfeifer on on evoperformance either but look on the pakfeifer site, they do a rounded one as well, like the mazdaspeed spoiler,

See what i mean?
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

yeah thats the one, I try and email pakfifier to see if they have a uk supplier for that spoiler. I keep you posted, thats the one I want, glad you said it looks good on silver as mines silver, think you might have to take the standerd boot spoiler off in order for it to fit, but not 100% certain.
DamoV6UK

Post by DamoV6UK »

By translating the pakfeifer website through google, I understand you buy the spoiler then you buy an auxilury spoiler that covers the gap where you remove the standard spoiler.

Ive taken my standard one off in the past and there are holes etc straight into car so you would definitely need this to cover where the old one used to be.

When I said £280ish, thats...

044TAMX306 Tail wing round execution (black) 371,94
...and...
044TAMX30Ë Auxiliary spoiler (the small one) necessarily if one one orig. Tail wing has, there the large one otherwise does not fit!! 60,00

So there are part numbers and prices in euros, plus badly google translated german description!

If you plan on emailing them, then this should be a help

Damo
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

Whats the link for the pakfifier site your looking at? I know the U.S one.
Cheers
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

duh just seen that the website is on that picture !!

Ive made a few emails hopefully might get somewhere
DamoV6UK

Post by DamoV6UK »

:lol: hopefully they can do shipping at a reasonable price, £280 is plenty to pay as it is!

Also hope they speak english as my german hasnt been used since school!
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

Easiest is to get a Mx3 RS hatch garnish.
Then you dont need the auxillary addon.

And, it`s a Mazda original part, so it fits 100% perfectly.

Thats how I did it.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
MaX-3

Post by MaX-3 »

i got the round version of the pak spoiler too.

i think the easiest way will be to ask somebody who´s driving a rs, if he is willing to change your gs spoiler against his rs cover, it will be the cheap way ;)

the original mazda part is way to expensive, it will cost about the same as the pak spoiler here in germany, but don´t realy know if mazda parts are this expensive in the uk

i´am a big fan of that wing, because you don´t need the diffusor to get a tight a-- on your mx :D

http://www.mx-3-community.de/jgs_galeri ... e=jpg&sid=
Greetz MaX-3
visit the german http://www.mx-3-community.de
and yes, my stickers improve performence! ;)
DamoV6UK

Post by DamoV6UK »

does anyone have the part number for the RS garnish from mazda?

It could be difficult to get hold of in the UK, as far as im aware, all MX-3s came with what the americans call the GS spoiler whether 4cyl or V6.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

According to the Mazda Electronic Parts Catalogue (Europe Version) the exact part name is "Garnish, Lift Gate" (there's lots of other irrelevant little bits in the MEPC called "garnish" too) and part # is EA01-50-810B. Might be worth lurking on ebay as these items come up regularly for low cost or post a WTB on the BB. Mazda will want your left nut and beaucoup $$ for a new one from them.
Image -Jim
MaX-3

Post by MaX-3 »

here in germany, all rs where deliverd with that little garnish!

you had the option to equip your rs with the gs spoiler, that all the others have, but only a very rare amount of rs where equiped with it from factory on.

the one you can see on my mx is my original rs garnish, the pakfeifer one has a little spoiler on it just like the gs one but it is in the shape of the rs garnish, if you understand what i mean.. ;)
Greetz MaX-3
visit the german http://www.mx-3-community.de
and yes, my stickers improve performence! ;)

Return to “European MX-3 Community”