bought a house
30%
rent /or live with someone
30%

Total votes: 37

tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Yeah, I have to say that living alone is way less stressful than when I tried living with other people. One lady, when I left town for a week, she sold all my stuff and skipped town. :evil: And then someone else I lived with told off the landlord and that got us kicked out. So now that you brought all that up, living alone is way better. I rent a 1 bdrm condo, where all these elderly people live. So I constantly have to watch myself because they're looking for anything to complain about. They look at me funny all the time when I park in my space, because usually when people my age park there, it's so they can walk to the beach. So I'm constantly hearing, "you have to live here to park here!!!" Haha. Other than that's it's a really nice place.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Bummer you cant have a pet there though.. As much of a PITA as Hairball can be.. he is a great friend to have around. And he snacks on spiders... which is always a bonus :D I hate spiders LOL

Tunes67
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I've been on my own since I was 17. I have only had the oppertunity of living alone once or twice though. Mostly a bunch of rowdy roomates or girlfriends or both. I have to say that if I wasn't engaged to be married, i'd definately have my own place again. It was indeed a bit creepy, especially watching horror flicks alone in the dark, but I like that sorta thing...One of the great things about living on your own is, NO RULES! Even with roomates it seems there are to many rules to me: "Don't touch my beers" "Stop walking around naked when my parrents visit" I just washed the dishes a month ago! Its your turn" "Go to bed, its 3am"
Etc, ect. You know what I mean...
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

"Stop walking around naked when my parrents visit"

Haha. Man.... what a a-hole for not wanting you to expose yourself to his/her parents.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

hey, I figure if I pay my rent I should be able to do as I please, lol.
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

I live with the parents at the moment. When I was 19 I lived in a 2 bedroom apartment with 2 other guys while I was in racing school. That sucked large. I think if your going to have roomates you better know them really well before hand. I'm currently working on a deal to buy a house with a buddy of mine that I've known since high school. The house backs on to a golf course so we'll be out back with the beers and air horns whenever we're bored. :P
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

I am married with 3 kids(all girls) & I am buying my house. I would almost prefer to rent because then I wouldn't have to fix anything around the house when it breaks, which would give me more time to work on my cars. But the heated double car garage sure is nice to have in the winter.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Built a new house 2 years ago and have a ton of stuff to do to it. I have to finish off the basement so I'll have a real home theatre. Because I spent last year in Bosnia I missed one of my favorite passtimes, landscaping and Bonsai. I currently have someone contracted for the big stuff and they're almost finished doing the pond and waterfall. I live in the country, on the side of a hill overlooking some very nice valley views. Because I live on the side of the hill I have a multitude of limestone retaining walls that integrate a large pond and a waterfall that drops 10' into it. The fun stuff begins next week when I get to plant all sorts of unique trees, shrubs and plants.
I live alone and never really find that I get bored with so much on my plate right now. Actually, I lied, I live with my little bud - pumpkin - orange Tabby.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Sounds like John's place is the place to party :D :laugh:

Tunes67
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

jschrauwen wrote:Built a new house 2 years ago and have a ton of stuff to do to it. I have to finish off the basement so I'll have a real home theatre. Because I spent last year in Bosnia I missed one of my favorite passtimes, landscaping and Bonsai. I currently have someone contracted for the big stuff and they're almost finished doing the pond and waterfall. I live in the country, on the side of a hill overlooking some very nice valley views. Because I live on the side of the hill I have a multitude of limestone retaining walls that integrate a large pond and a waterfall that drops 10' into it. The fun stuff begins next week when I get to plant all sorts of unique trees, shrubs and plants.
I live alone and never really find that I get bored with so much on my plate right now. Actually, I lied, I live with my little bud - pumpkin - orange Tabby.
Sounds like a nice place to spend the last few years you have left before you die, seeing as you're 98 years old.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Sounds like a nice place to spend the last few years you have left before you die, seeing as you're 98 years old.
:laugh: :lol:
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I bought a house about 3 years ago, of course my wife and I live there :)
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I have a Townhouse condo .. with a garage for my mx but thinking on moving back to an apartment for a year ... geesh
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

tw1st3d_cl0wn wrote:
jschrauwen wrote:Built a new house 2 years ago and have a ton of stuff to do to it. I have to finish off the basement so I'll have a real home theatre. Because I spent last year in Bosnia I missed one of my favorite passtimes, landscaping and Bonsai. I currently have someone contracted for the big stuff and they're almost finished doing the pond and waterfall. I live in the country, on the side of a hill overlooking some very nice valley views. Because I live on the side of the hill I have a multitude of limestone retaining walls that integrate a large pond and a waterfall that drops 10' into it. The fun stuff begins next week when I get to plant all sorts of unique trees, shrubs and plants.
Still got a few good years left I think, right Tune's. Well maybe not, that's probably why I back up the driveway instead of head first. I tire myself out looking up the hill all of the time...LOL. Winter is really fun going down the driveway though. But I have to do a traffic check before I go down....weeeeeeeee....LOL :laugh:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Still got a few good years left I think, right Tune's. Well maybe not, that's probably why I back up the driveway instead of head first. I tire myself out looking up the hill all of the time...LOL. Winter is really fun going down the driveway though. But I have to do a traffic check before I go down....weeeeeeeee....LOL
Come on now, everyone knows old people don't dare go outside when the weather isn't just perfect. That means winter and rainy days are for staying in doors, to catch up on the latest re-runs of Matlock and Murder She Wrote.

Return to “Off-Topic”