ATTENTION YOU PROJECTOR NUTS

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Grants wrote:Interesting that they didn't answer your question but said they currently don't make them. I think you should email them again and ask your original question again - if they have any intention of manufacturing these in the future.
I know we're probably flogging a dead horse but might as well get them to respond to the question you actually asked them. Good luck.
Exactly Grants, Gerrit to get direct answers you must ask direct questions for example a question that can only be answered with a yes or no. This usually means asking a lot of yes/no questions to get all the info you need.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Gerrit mx-3

Post by Gerrit mx-3 »

my reply to them:

-----------------------------------
Dear sir/madam,

The answer isn't exactly what I suspected.
I was wondering if k2motors WILL be manufacturing headlights for the mx-3 in the (nearby) future?
Are there any concept models, drawings etc.??

Then again, I own an mx-3, so information about the mx-6 headlights isn't that interesting to me :)

Hope to hear from you soon

Kind regards.

Gerrit Heinen
The Netherlands
----------------------------------------------------

lets wait and see
Driving an mx-3 is a blessing
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I've noticed that DavidOS has been posting in other forums, but has yet to update us as to what's going on here?? David?? We need an update!! :D
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

jschrauwen wrote:DavidOS
I know you're still pretty busy and it's been quite a while since you given us an update but a quick post on your own thread would be appreciated. Any update will suffice ie - no new news, status quo, update in 3 days, whatever, just something to either let us know that you're still persueing this or has it turned into a pipe dream and a dead thread. When you get the time.
Ya, what's the word David?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
Gerrit mx-3

Post by Gerrit mx-3 »

damn.......

reply from k2motors

Dear Sir,

We currently do not have any plans to manufacture headlights for MX-3. However, we will keep you inform of any developement of the product.

Warmest regards,
K2 Motor
Driving an mx-3 is a blessing
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

So i guess that's our answer :?
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

What's to keep one of these companies from offering a group buy? Is it that the production costs would be too high for group buy numbers?
'95 RS: RIP
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

ertaisi wrote:Is it that the production costs would be too high for group buy numbers?
Oh ya, I would say so. Just speculating here, but I'd say a manufacturer would have to have something in the vicinity of 500+ guaranteed sales before even tooling up for such an endeavour. The amount of initial capital investment alone for something like this is huge. I believe that a logical place for manufacture on something like this would have to happen off-shore (China, Taiwan, Thailand, Phillipines, etc) in order to be cost effective. I'm guessing here, but I think for the most part all of our Altezza's were all made at the same place (off-shore), there's just a bunch of middle men (suppliers/retailers) involved. Has anyone ever been in an Altezza shop or store - don't think so. All someone has to do is have the R&D done. Present the finished product to one of those off shore places and say - COPY THIS. Of course the initial capital for any company to produce something has to be up-front (guaranteed sales). It's the minimum number of guaranteed sales that's the caveat here. Someone has to make the first step and make the initial investment. Know any rich Uncle's or Aunt's?
To answer the question originally asked - YES
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

At that kind of cost, you could buy 3 sets of civic projectors, completely screw them up and still buy another set. Honestly our stock headlights are awful in my opinion, but mass production of projectors would make them less special and custom. Now they are limitted to those daring enough to go into the unknown. Which makes those cars turn that many more heads.
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Cpl_Bryant wrote:At that kind of cost, you could buy 3 sets of civic projectors, completely screw them up and still buy another set. Honestly our stock headlights are awful in my opinion, but mass production of projectors would make them less special and custom. Now they are limitted to those daring enough to go into the unknown. Which makes those cars turn that many more heads.
Excellent point Cpl, well taken!!
BTW, must get tired going by rank?

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”