ATTENTION YOU PROJECTOR NUTS

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
DavidOS

ATTENTION YOU PROJECTOR NUTS

Post by DavidOS »

ok i emailed a company that makes headlight and taillights they currently make after market projectors for mx6s, they make the altezza style rears, mufflers etc..etc..

i emailed them and told them there is at least 30 mx3s interested in a similar projector that they already make for the mx6 and if they could keep the costs similiar i would be the first to buy (around 110 us)

He emailed me saying that they had already made a prototye and for me to keep an eye open and in touch with him as they will be releasing something soon.

SWEET!!!! no crappy customizing honda parts needed.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

that would be nice, if it was real, count me in
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
reprobation

seriously..

Post by reprobation »

yeah.. seriously... i'd rather spend 110 us + S/H than buy some honda projectors and attempt to modify them...

If this deal works out.. sign me up! ill put my cash on the table.

-Chris
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

Count me in, for sure.
No more MX-3.
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

ill let you know when they are available as soon as i know:)
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

ive been waiting for this day

pinch me
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

didnt I start a topic like this a while ago. All I have to say is Hell mutha Fu*$kin' Yeah! :o
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

JWMX3 wrote:ive been waiting for this day......pinch me

That makes a whole bunch of us, but don't pinch me....LOL
I must say that I will hold a little bit of reservation here. $110.00 US, plus shipping I assume - that's soundsa little too good to be true. David, in your next conversation with them, find out what they were charging for the MX6's and what are the specifics of the projectors ie the manufacturer / brand name / type of projector inits used etc. Is this a complete sealed light housing unit or is this a situation where individuals must send there old units in and have them retro-fitted. It would be advantageous to find any MX6 owner feedback on these units.
Outstanding research David. :2thumbsup: :froggie_red: :2thumbsup: Good on ya mate.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Waiting on Mr. Illumination (Taras.......LOL) to jump into this thread.
Well Taras............what do you think?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

WOW thats cheap...dam I wish i could have waited LOL :*(
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
cduBBz'915

Post by cduBBz'915 »

man.. you can count me in for sure! :D
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

if its direct bolt on ...then i'm in...

Awesome find!
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Ho hum. How many times has this come up?

They're gonna make $110 projectors for a decade old car? I don't think so.

Hope I'm wrong here guys but don't get your hopes up.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Grants wrote:Ho hum. How many times has this come up?
They're gonna make $110 projectors for a decade old car? I don't think so.
Hope I'm wrong here guys but don't get your hopes up.
I tend to agree, drawing upon Taras's insight into these specific issues - I cannot see getting a quality item at that price. The cost of quality projectors alone would be more than double that price and we still haven't even factored in the light housing unit or the labour, nor the upgraded wiring harness necessary. Where is the manufacturer going to get the headlight shells in the first place considering it is a unique design and construction. No,...a quality projector (bolt-in) unit for our cars would be at a minimum $300 -$400 ea...IMHO
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

i'd hate to be yet another skeptic, but i also tend to agree w/ those who are wary of the situation... it seems to me that there would be a hundred other cars that are farther up on their priority list concerning a project like this, because as we all know, companies are in business to make money... most mxers can't see y a company wouldn't want to make something like this for us, but if i was making the decisions for a company, and wasn't an mx-3 enthusiast, i wouldn't either... cuz there just doesn't seem to be ENOUGH enthusiasts for the mx-3 to make it worth their while... having said all of that, i do hope to see something like this come to reality, and i'm not doubting what david was told at all... i'm just saying i wouldn't bet the farm on it, or get my hopes up too much for that matter...

anyways, if this does come about, i'd be willing to pay even more than $110 for these, as long as i approved of the design, and it didn't look like something you'd find at the bottom of a cerial box, well a really big cerial box
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”