Quite boring

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

quality

I dont have the points, although I thought it got done today, but turns out that the white van sitting beside the duel carriageway near the sliproad (seemed like the pigs to me!) wasn't.. just a white van.. mate went back and checked, lol... he was worried, we were all doing between 90 and 100.. (oops!) and I got 110 out of mine when tryna catch up with them (got stuck at a roundabout)

the V6 is plenty fast, but not insanely quick, if you get one you'll only want to transplant it with one of those nice 200bhp ones that are mentioned on this site!! I know I do, :lol: but not yet! need 12 points to play with...

5 points on the license must be painful! guess you've been in court, pleading not to have 6... eh? I am still on the 6 point license too, (9 months to go... aww c'mon hurry up) and my choice of car does worry me sometimes.. I'm going to have to be very careful.. I dont usually speed, today was really quite an exception.. fastest I've gone for ...ooh must be 4/6 months or so.. and that was also around 110mph.

I'm 19 too, it took me AGES to save up for my MX-3.. but I feel its worth the wait, oh heck it was so worth it 8)
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

lol. good stuff. i've only got 2 more months til i can get 12 points so its not too bad. Before i had a 106 rallye. 103 bhp out of a 1.3, and it weighed no more than a tin of beans!!! That car was a real drivers car. No power steering, no abs, no central lockin, nuffin!!!!! It was soo much fun to drive, plus there is only just inder 800 of them left in the uk. Unfortunatly the woman across the road decided she would reverse into the side of it, and she so kindly wrote it off. i was so gutted. Still kinda am. seems like i;ve gone from a drivers car, to a car that im scared of drivin fast incase i damage something!

Maybe an engine conversion one day, when its all finished!

I got 5 points cos i got caught doing 58 in a 30, so i was lucky really. Had to go to court and blagged it! lol. Tole em that my g/f is a single mother that doesnt drive so i wouldnt be able to help her out nomore and that i would lose my job if i lost my lisense! lol. Obviously none of it is true!!!
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

lol, quality stuff 8)

58 in a 30, you lucky boy.. 2mph more and it would have been a license removal and ...I think you can be banned? I dunno!

the 106 Rallye are indeed a rarity, must have been a great thing to drive indeed!! I hate all the modern heavy cars, as you feel so un-connected.. thats what I like about the MX-3, you do feel connected.. although I bet the 106 was better, actually... for that, -proper tin can and 103bhp :shock: thats insane in such a car, 0-60 is prob better than my MX LOL ! :lol:
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

0-60 was 9.8. not bad. had just under 130 out of it. well, thats what the speedo was sayin anyways.

mine was in black and it never had a sun roof so it was even rarer!!! The models without sunroofs are saught after. i still got it sittin at my garage. Might re fix it, just depends on how long it takes me to get the mazda finished!!

Damn, i wish i still had that car!!!
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

can't be bad.. you still own the car, which is a good thing 8)

9.8 aint too bad, was there an issue of traction at all? :lol:

still, the Mazda is Japanese, and the Pug.. well, its french.. :lol: can't say I like the way french cars drive.. (admittedly I've only driven 2, W Reg 306 1.9 HDi, and a 53-plate 1.2 Clio !! didn't like either of them, the 306 was sluggish and very much a diesel! :p and the Clio.. the ergonomics were awful, it felt like a numpty car, real big bubbly and user friendly.... rev gauge didn't have a red zone for example.. and a huuuge big ol' steering wheel and all that.. yuck!!! )

get me a Jap car anyday!
Chadley

Post by Chadley »

very
Last edited by Chadley on March 30th, 2005, 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

lol yeah, its gone quite off-topic :lol: good discussions and stuff though, 8)

£352 for the Insurance is mental, guess you've got 4/5 years of NCB? very nice too, 8) I pay a wee bit more than that :lol: thats for sure!

you had a MK II MR2 I take it, can't say I like them.. but yes, they're a very fast car.. and RWD! :twisted: mucho fun, unless as you say.. its raining
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

what made u go from a 2 ltr tubby poo to an mx3????

Didnt you want something faster??
Chadley

Post by Chadley »

yawnsome
Last edited by Chadley on March 30th, 2005, 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

fair enough i guess!!!

Thats 2 people this week i;ve spoken too who have had to sell their car cos they needed more than 2 seats!!!

I dont wanna get old!!!!!!! :shock:
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

getting older aint a problem, just gotta find a wife who doesn't want kids :lol: and... is preferably cars..of the 2 seated variety... that be ideal 8)
1997, Silver, V6

Return to “European MX-3 Community”