getting out of hand!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

vtmx3, yea thats mine - no body kits or anything else that would make you think "rice".

All I'm saying is if they want to rice up their rides thats their business. I don't have to like it (I don't), but hey thats just my opinion and it looks like I'm in the minority with you. :) Neither you or me can change what they'll do and to be honest I think it a waste of time trying cause they're gonna do it anyway. (I bet a lot of them regret a lot of the stuff they do later too.) Of course there's varying degrees of abuse inflicted on our cars - some good, some not so good, and some just straight horrendous and appalling. :shrug:

So I say let 'em go and let 'em have some fun. Its just a pity more don't ask for advice first cause then they post pics that are just plain hard on your eyes and ask everyone for approval! Too late! And then no matter how sad the ride ends up looking - for Gods sake don't critisize it or you'll get targeted. So our job is to cringe in private but show a brave face to our online fellow MX3ers. :P
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Grants wrote:So our job is to cringe in private but show a brave face to our online fellow MX3ers. :P
Well said Grants!!!!!!
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

Just a small FYI, I hear that Cobra Lights add about 50 hp.

:wink:
No more MX-3.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

cobra lights?
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

The windshield washer nozzle LEDs.
No more MX-3.
Thumbs Up

Post by Thumbs Up »

LOL, Yeah I joined a couple of weeks ago, to post but I"ve been on here for a while, I doesn't matter how long I've been on here to tell whether or not there are GHEY a-- riced out cars all over this forum.

Besides look at your mods Fry,,,,, yeah pretty cool
1994 GS, JVC Audio System, Silver Interior, Mica Blue Exterior, Shaved Emblyms, FX Combat Front, Clear Altezza's, Home-Made Air Intake, Ford Racing Tranny Cooler, Molded The MX-3 Logo Into The Dash, And Currently Working On A Fiberglass Trunk Cover Because Cardboard Is Useless! lol

***BODY KIT, PAINTED INTERIOR(WOW!!!), LOGO INSIDE THE CAR >>(YEEAAAAAH), SYSTEM(I guess this is OK lol), ALTEZZA"S can't go wrong with those, AND FIBERGLASS TRUNK HOLY s--- :shock: THATS F=ing AWESOME

I BET IT LOOKS REALLLLLLLLLLY GOOD!!!!

JWMX3
I mean i dunno THUMBS DOWN, LOL yep good one. don't have much to say about that or your ride too much to talk about i guess, wait not really oops

YOU'll be AIIGHT you both keep the rice scene going.... One day you might grow up......
* Stay Clean *
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

Geezus man, chill. If anything, at least respect the time he spent on those mods, and the skill required. I know I sure can't mold anything onto anything, unless it's mold on my shower tiles...
No more MX-3.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Ok.. I'll add my 2 cents.. I dont really know what "Rice" is.. seems like everyone has their own definition of the word.. I think I will stick to the original definition of it being a moderately starchy sticky disgusting food stuff that apparently originated in Asia. Having said that.. the only mods that I personally dont think are good ones (beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all) are mods that actuallly decrease performance of the car. Such as those huge wings people put on the back of their rides. See the thing with these wings is that at higher speeds they increase the down force on the rear end of the car... since most MX-3's are front wheel drive.. this actually transfers down force AWAY from the power wheels. Oddly enough.. these are also the wheels you use to steer the car with. Now if your car is for show only.. fine.. but if you like to drive fast at any point in time.. this is not a good mod, you are actually making your car unstable at high speeds (90+ MPH) Granted.. you can tune your wing so that the impact is minimal.. and there are a lot of folks on here with more knowledge about this stuff than I.. but I have to wonder if the majority of huge wing owners are even aware of this little factoid.

Tunes67
vtmx3

ok

Post by vtmx3 »

TUNES 67, you kick a--. I have tried to explain that to many people. We have this one kid in my town who swears by wings. Its wicked funny, he has put a wing on every car he has ever had (all front wheel drive). He will even tell you why a wing is the best mod you can do to your car. Its a joke.

BTW HAS ANY BODY PLAYED NFSU2? TALK ABOUT YOUR WINGS.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

You know whats also rice
A 100hp car, with a loud muffler.
Whats the point of making your car loud if you dont have power?

Also, cars with loud a-- audio systems. Please, no one wants to even hear your crap so atleast roll down your windows!!!

To me, ricers are nothing but attention whores. Thats why they put all that flashy and loud crap on their cars. They want people to turn around and stare at their cars. What they dont realize, is that most people make fun of their cars.
Its the truth, and its pretty retarded when I hear a ricer say, "yeah, I spent $250 on my muffler and my exhaust turns heads".

To me, its ok when a 8 cylinder car has a exhaust system (headers, H Pipe) because they sound awesome, they got the power to back it up and they actually gain HP/TQ
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Taras

Post by Taras »

You know, modifying a car is like fashion. Things change. Some things become very old and unattractive (eg.: big muffler tips) and new things take hold. So, the good thing is that it will pass, the bad things is whatever bothers you will be around for a few years.

Sometime, I drive around and see some car that had crazy things done to it and think, Oh my..... poor kid. But then there will be a car that had similar mods, but done tastefully and they all fit together and flow nicely. I'll give guy thumbs up. I guess what I want to say is that whetaver mods are done to the car, if they are done tastefully and with some brains behind it, it will turn out great. We all have different tastes, some people go overboard and some just slap things on the car that do not fit well. I guess too much of anything is not that good be it purple velvet suits or huge double decker wings. And then some things are just not meant for a sport compact.

As far as what Grants was saying. I usually I have no problem telling people that their mods are poor looking. I think we all are responsible for the gaudy looking stuff out there - we do not tell people often enough that it is so.

Cheers.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Taras wrote:You know, modifying a car is like fashion. Things change. Some things become very old and unattractive (eg.: big muffler tips) and new things take hold. So, the good thing is that it will pass, the bad things is whatever bothers you will be around for a few years.

Sometime, I drive around and see some car that had crazy things done to it and think, Oh my..... poor kid. But then there will be a car that had similar mods, but done tastefully and they all fit together and flow nicely. I'll give guy thumbs up. I guess what I want to say is that whetaver mods are done to the car, if they are done tastefully and with some brains behind it, it will turn out great. We all have different tastes, some people go overboard and some just slap things on the car that do not fit well. I guess too much of anything is not that good be it purple velvet suits or huge double decker wings. And then some things are just not meant for a sport compact.

As far as what Grants was saying. I usually I have no problem telling people that their mods are poor looking. I think we all are responsible for the gaudy looking stuff out there - we do not tell people often enough that it is so.

Cheers.
i'm keepin outta this one, but I had to say, Well Put! 8)
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

Thumbs Up wrote:LOL, Yeah I joined a couple of weeks ago, to post but I"ve been on here for a while, I doesn't matter how long I've been on here to tell whether or not there are GHEY a-- riced out cars all over this forum.

Besides look at your mods Fry,,,,, yeah pretty cool
1994 GS, JVC Audio System, Silver Interior, Mica Blue Exterior, Shaved Emblyms, FX Combat Front, Clear Altezza's, Home-Made Air Intake, Ford Racing Tranny Cooler, Molded The MX-3 Logo Into The Dash, And Currently Working On A Fiberglass Trunk Cover Because Cardboard Is Useless! lol

***BODY KIT, PAINTED INTERIOR(WOW!!!), LOGO INSIDE THE CAR >>(YEEAAAAAH), SYSTEM(I guess this is OK lol), ALTEZZA"S can't go wrong with those, AND FIBERGLASS TRUNK HOLY s--- :shock: THATS F=ing AWESOME

I BET IT LOOKS REALLLLLLLLLLY GOOD!!!!

JWMX3
I mean i dunno THUMBS DOWN, LOL yep good one. don't have much to say about that or your ride too much to talk about i guess, wait not really oops

YOU'll be AIIGHT you both keep the rice scene going.... One day you might grow up......
what the hell is your problem just calling out people like that, you need to get a life, thumbs up cool guy.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

you both keep the rice scene going.... One day you might grow up......
hahahha

buddy, My car is Completly stock accept for a mazdaspeed frontbumper

OHH NO, PUT ME ON LAUGH AT RICE.COM

sounds like you're the one that needs to grow up
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

maybe its cause we're both in the midst of swapping to a manual transmission eh JWMX3?lol man we are such ricers :roll: get real man, the whole internet thug thing is pathetic, grow up.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”