getting out of hand!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Thumbs Up

Post by Thumbs Up »

I TOTALLY agree with Gro this site is filled with ricers and everyone is all about making their mx3 look retarded. THere is hardly anyone on this board with really fast clean looking cars its SAD.
* Stay Clean *
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Gro Harlem wrote:surprisingly a lot of those cardomain ppl are on here. I would say what I think about painted interior peices & the ghey body kits that are avail for our car, but i'll hold off on that for now ;)
OK Gro, let it go....let it all out. Don't hold back, set yourself free.....LOL :lol:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Not that anyone should care but since this thread got started, wth. My own preferences tend toward more-or-less of a clean stock/sleeper look with decent perf. mods, nice looking lightwt. rims and a few subtle interior & exterior cosmetic mods. Whenever I'm tempted to be irritated about "rice" cars, I'm reminded that...

*Massively pimping out rides has been going on for decades.

*Market demand for over-the-top aftermarket stuff sometimes yields desirable (to me) parts that would otherwise not be produced. (E.g. blk altezza's)

*For those rides that are taken to the extreme, as long as it's not parked in my driveway every night, why get too worked up? :shrug:

*To each his/her own and there's really no accounting for taste, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, live and let live, etc. yadda, blah blah :)
Image -Jim
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

Thumbs Up wrote:I TOTALLY agree with Gro this site is filled with ricers and everyone is all about making their mx3 look retarded. THere is hardly anyone on this board with really fast clean looking cars its SAD.
you joined 6 days ago, and your already insulting the entire board....smooth move.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

yah, six days is long enough for you to say everyone is making there car look retarded?

thumbs down :confused2:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

lol, i'm not going to voice my concerns.

i will however say that painting your interior peices white is so high-school that it makes me laugh to think some ppl with white consoles are in their 20's!
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Gro Harlem wrote:lol, i'm not going to voice my concerns.

i will however say that painting your interior peices white is so high-school that it makes me laugh to think some ppl with white consoles are in their 20's!
Thatah boy Gro...let it go...your on a roll..........bet we feel better now......LOL

JWMX3 you and FRY make some good points, and neutral I think said it all........as long as it's not parked in my driveway. Besides GRO, if one pulls up beside you, you know which one's gonna get the funny looks.....hint....not you.
The truth be told, over the years I've developed my own personal perspective and point of view on what looks good and what doesn't. That doesn't mean that I haven't done some real bone-head things to my rides in years past, all the while thinking that it was sharp. When in reality there was probably a lot of other people looking at my mods and thinking it was a POS. Hindsight is always 20/20. What do I get from all of this - learn to trust some other peoples perspectives. They may have travelled that road ahead of you and are probably trying to save you from the embarrassment and expense of some "not so worthwhile mods". It's not demeaning, it's constructive criticism....and sometimes that's hard to swallow.
Again, more than just my 2 penny's worth....LOL :wink:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
vtmx3

Post by vtmx3 »

So I didn't mean to get a big thing like this going. Yes I did.
I just need to voice my concerns and get some things off my chest. I was just a little up set from what I seen lately, like I said it's getting out of hand. I'm only 22 and I have been around this scene on and off since about 97, 98, Its only since about 2000 that I got scerious about the whole thing after working as an apprentice in various garages and wanting to know how and why. I guess you sort of lead your self to your element. I think we all kind'a know what really has change the whole thing. Made it mainstream. And so On.

Do I even have to say it?
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Just another thread about people hating. I have my car on cardomain. Why? its free web space. I have some interior pieces painted silver, calling me rice? Thats fine since I am nowhere near it. Listen to your mothers..."if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all!" :pimp:
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Its a funny thing - I don't even really care what people do to their cars. If I look at some pics I might think "don't like it" and move on. I'd rather look at cars I do like than sit there and study pics looking for faults and acting like the fashion police. Or worse - trying to force my tastes onto others through riducule.

So I guess I just don't get it why people even bother to look past the first couple of pics of a car they don't like, let alone going to the trouble of wasting time making negative comments about it. Its pretty weird behaviour.

If you don't like the cars on cardomain the solution is simple - stop looking.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Jteezy

Post by Jteezy »

i just think its kinda stupid to have all the body kits, "RACING seats",etc. and still run 17 second quarter mile times. Everyone likes their own thing i guess, but no one likes losing to a stock civic ex, thats just pitiful. I think a little bit of both is good. I'd rather see a semi riced out mx-3 then a beat up, fogged up headlight mx-3 with their living room in their hatch like i see around here all the time. Mx-3's are the bomb regardless.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mx3TT wrote:Just another thread about people hating. I have my car on cardomain. Why? its free web space. I have some interior pieces painted silver, calling me rice? Thats fine since I am nowhere near it. Listen to your mothers..."if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all!" :pimp:
I must digress. Chris, you're absolutely right. Shouldn't offer negative comment's if unfortunately that was what my posts were interpreted as. Not to justify, when newer members post questions like what should I paint this, how should I paint that, or I want to put this there. They're asking for guidance or direction and moreover than not it seems apparent that they will discard the nay-sayers and only focus on the ones who are of similar thought. Of course in the end it's their choice.
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

jschrauwen wrote:
Gro Harlem wrote:lol, i'm not going to voice my concerns.

Thatah boy Gro...let it go...your on a roll..........bet we feel better now......LOL

JWMX3 you and FRY make some good points, and neutral I think said it all........as long as it's not parked in my driveway. Besides GRO, if one pulls up beside you, you know which one's gonna get the funny looks.....hint....not you.
The truth be told, over the years I've developed my own personal perspective and point of view on what looks good and what doesn't. That doesn't mean that I haven't done some real bone-head things to my rides in years past, all the while thinking that it was sharp. When in reality there was probably a lot of other people looking at my mods and thinking it was a POS. Hindsight is always 20/20. What do I get from all of this - learn to trust some other peoples perspectives. They may have travelled that road ahead of you and are probably trying to save you from the embarrassment and expense of some "not so worthwhile mods". It's not demeaning, it's constructive criticism....and sometimes that's hard to swallow.
Again, more than just my 2 penny's worth....LOL :wink:
i kinda agree w/ him ^^^^ i mean, i think especially when people are starting out and/or are younger, they wanna improve their rides... so what's the first thing they do... make loud flashy mods because they think they're making more progress that way... i mean, i've had my car since June, and there's things that i was sure that i wanted done to my car that i wouldn't even consider doing now... i think now "what was i thinking back then!!!"... i think maturity, experience, and hindsight guide a person to making different decisions as they progress, and most of them tend to be leaning towards a more "clean, classic, streamline look" rather than "ricey"... people don't need to be put down, that just creates schisms... respectfully explain why you advise against something and y you think that your way is better (i.e. saving the person time and money of having to undo what they thought would originally be a "sweet mod")... the other thing that bothers people is that appearance is often the first priority to new mx-3 owners (or any car really) instead of performance mods... well i know that i personally thought first about appearance (and audio/alarm actually) before i thought how i could make my ride perform better... now that i've gained a little bit of knowledge and see the importance (and how much fun it is) of improving performance, i'm thinking of delving into the zx2 suspension conversion---which is something that i would have never considered (or thought i would have ever been able to pull-off myself) doin before a crapload of other appearance mods... but in the end, as has been stated a trillion times already, IT'S NOT YOUR CAR, IT'S THEIRS... if you think the way you do, than that just makes good looking mx-3's more of a rarity and makes your particular mx more of a commodity... different strokes for different folks... just walk in the mall---you find 20 different fashion styles, and all the people think that what they're wearing is great... apply it to yourself when you're 40 years old, maybe in hindsight w/ maturity and experience you might think "what was i thinking wearing what i did back then", not unlike many of our parents
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Human's....Please!
Live and let live....it's a free planet.
Let the MX-3's be diverse as our colours and races and backgrounds.
Let's respect everybody else's ride....they have a right to have what they want. We don't have a right to hate.
Hate is so.....last century, don't you think?

Peace to everyone on the board.
Regardless of Ride, Race, Colour or Creed.

Thunderstorm.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
1998 MX-3 RS 1.6i DOHC "Blackbird". Totally Stock.

The 21st Century is a con; where is my Hovercar?!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058708
vtmx3

Thunderstorm

Post by vtmx3 »

Yeah, well, what ever to all of this. Thunderstorm
what is your deal?

Grant I don't know about this I'm really confused by what your saying? I mean I know about doing your own thing and all that. But I saw your pic's (I think) and that is a sweet car, if it's yours?

well..................................................................................................................................cya

:shock: do you have any feed?

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”