KL31 ECU

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

KL31 ECU

Post by jschrauwen »

I maybe grabbing at straws here but I thought I'd through my querie out there. Looking for KL31 ECU, cheers.

The following is an email I received from nippon spares for a KL31 ECU.
"We are able to supply the part at £50.00 (VAT excl)
We can arrange next day delivery for £ 10.00
subject to your order being placed by 2pm

We accept all major debit and credit card.
Please call 0800 031 9937 to place your order
Please use your telephone number as a reference
Thankyou
Nippon Spares"

Are they a quality parts provider and is this a good deal? How much would the VAT be....or better yet what would all of this translate into CDN $. I'm not getting a warm fuzzy about these guys. Any one dealt with these guys before? If it's not long distance, is there someone that can verify the authenticity of that KL31 ECU? Thanks and cheers.
:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mmac
Supporting Member

KL31 ECU

Post by mmac »

All I can say is Nippon Spares were a company recommended to me by a member over at MX6.com. He had used them to source a KL31 ECU and had been happy with the service from them.

VAT is charged at 17.5%, so £50 + VAT is £58.75.

From my experience of pricing/buying Mazda ECU that is pretty damn cheap for the UK(Usually £100-£150).

You'll have to bear in mind that the £10 carriage is probably for delivery within the UK, so you'll have to get them to quote for delivery to Canada. The other thing to consider may be import duty or taxes at your end.

Currently any prices they quote you will have to multply by 2.35 to give $CDN
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Tried to call the number listed to order KL31 ECU and found out that (0800-031-9937) is a toll free number for use oversees (you guys). Was told by Bell Canada operator that I need to find their local number (7 digit, non-toll free) in order for me to call direct. Can anyone clarify this for me?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Took a stab anyway and ordered via email. Would still like the non-toll free number for Nippon Spares in case they do not accept email orders and/or so I can verify my order.

MMAC - You were right. The 10£ carriage was for local delivery. The revised revised delivery fee to Canada to 30£. Many thanks mate ...cheers.

John
mmac
Supporting Member

Post by mmac »

I think this might be the contact number for Nippon Spares

044 7092 015012 (This includes the international dialling code for the UK)

In case I've got the code wrong, the number without it is 07092 015012, then just add the code your operater advises.

Give it a try
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Many thanks mmac, cheers.
tocixxx

Post by tocixxx »

NICE !!!!

I think i'll order one :)
92 GS-R, RX-8 Lightning Yellow, Complete Aresspeed Bodykit
http://www.cardomain.com/id/tocixxx
Mazda Speed & Style Club Austria http://www.mazdaclub.at
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

tocixxx wrote:NICE !!!!

I think i'll order one :)
Did you order/get an ecu yet?
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

What was their e-mail?
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
mmac
Supporting Member

KL31 Ecu

Post by mmac »

Their website is :

http://www.nipponspares.com/

click on 'Get A Quote'
1994 MX-3 ZE
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!
Still waiting for delivery of my KL31. Ordered 05 Feb, credit card debitted a few days later, recieved paper invoice in mail a week ago and still no call from customs or delivery company. Wonder if the UK post/mail is like ours - "Snail Mail"....LOL
:werd:
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

jschrauwen wrote: Wonder if the UK post/mail is like ours - "Snail Mail"
Ours is normally quite good. Perhaps it's stuck on your side - customs, maybe :?:
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Asked (emailed) Nippon spares if they could give me some info as far as mode of delivery and tracking functions if applicable. Then again maybe it's sitting in a cold, dark inhospitable holding bay in some god-forsaken customs warehouse.....poor little ecu..............LOL.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

The following is an email sent by me to Nippon Spares yesterday in response to their email of 01 Mar 05.

I'm a bit concerned. You've received payment over a month ago and still no KL31 ECU. The attached email from you said that I should have received the item last week and still no ECU. As I've already said, I'm getting a bit concerned here. Since you've given me no tracking information on this "recorded delivery" process, I have no means by which to verify it's location enroute. Your organization / business came highly recommended and now I feel that this exultation is in question. Would you update me as to the progress of our business transaction. If, for some reason there's no response in one business day then I'll have to look for alternative sources for my parts and chalk this experience up to a poor decision on my part for choosing your services. Regards,

John Schrauwen

----- Original Message -----
To: "John Schrauwen" <jschrauwen@sympatico.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: Parts - From Website

we will be dispatching your part this week sending it by Royal Mail on a recorded delivery. It should be with you next week. Sorry for any inconvenience caused

Something tells me I may have made a serious error in chosing this organization to source an ECU. I'm not very impressed with their business practice. The transaction was agreed to on the 5th of Feb, my account was debitted on the 10th of Feb. After a number of emails stating that "it's on it's way" I recieve the one above email dated 01 Mar 05. After seeing that, I'm a little relieved, for the time being. But now, that's not the case. Can anyone shed some insight into what a "recorded delivery" is? Does this involve a tracking system, and can I do that tracking, and what do I need from the vendor to track this delivery. What's a reasonable time period for a recorded delivery to get to Canada? Has anyone had this much difficulty with Nippon Spares? Springs commin', and I'd like to be ready. Ok, I've vented enough..........LOL. Any help getting this thing sorted would be appreciated, cheers.
Oh, BTW, that 1 business day has come and gone, unless Mon 14 Mar 05 is a UK Holiday (Bank Holiday I think you call it)
Pedro_mx3
Supporting Member

Post by Pedro_mx3 »

Recorded delivery here is jus a simple "deliver to your door for a signature" kinda delivery, its not Guaranteed speedy IMHO, if they have sent it by recorded delivery request a copy of the recipt they recieved when they sent it cause u always get 1 of those (i can probably post a pic of 1 if u wanna see 1)
I'm not worried about the bullet with my name on, Im worried about the one that says 'To Whom it may Concern'....

Make a Donation, Keep Mx3.com Alive!!

1991 V6 K8 -- My baby, i miss her... On her way to car heaven... <3

Return to “European MX-3 Community”