carpet?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
jrors
Supporting Member

THOUGHT ABOUT IT TOO..

Post by jrors »

I've decided to replace mine because when I bought the car, the driverside door seal was worn badly, thus causing bad water leaks on the drivers side floor as well as the rear pasengerside floor, to the point of mildew on the floor. Even though I have cleaned the entire carpet, it seems to have a lot of wear and tear on the driverside, not to mention, a faint oder to it. So, I called the Mazda dealership, thinking the carpet would be no more than $300..........boy was I wrong! They wanted to charge me about $800!! THOSE GUYS ARE NUTS!! But, anyway, I'll be buying a carpet from one of the above mentioned sites this month and I'll let you guys know of how good the quality really is.
I guess my only concern is that the factory carpet, just like the factory new floor mats I have, have a slight brownish/ greyish color to them in certain lights, and I don't think the "GREY" color the sites have do. But, I'll never know untill I haave it in my hands.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Might be worth a call to the vendor before ordering and ask if they can assess which colors offered are closest to your interior. They may have an opinion based on color books for this stuff. I noticed 1A Auto offers a "smoke" color and one called "antelope" (sheez-wtf) that may actually be closest to your factory "taupe", (or grey, or greyish beigish tannish...) :wink:
jrors
Supporting Member

WILL DO..

Post by jrors »

I'll call those vendors and find out this week
Split Sixer

Post by Split Sixer »

800$$ for new carpet!! holly s--- why is mazda always so expensive?!?!/
Splixer
jrors
Supporting Member

I THINK...

Post by jrors »

I think the parts for our MX3s are costly because they only sold so many of them and they charge a premuim for it. I remember when I wanted to buy new glass for the hatchback that all of the local auto glass businesses said they don't carry it and that I would have to get it from Mazda. Now, I know I can go to my local junkyard and buy it dirt cheap, but I wanted a new one, so, I call Mazda and they wanted about $700!!! This is not a Benz or a BMW, but with prices for factory parts like this for our cars, it sure does feel like it!

Return to “Appearance”