black Altezza

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Solo

Re: black Altezza

Post by Solo »

i got pulled over for my altezza with clear bulbs
and they will never take away the care for safety violation unless u really piss them off...either they just give a 72h advice...its only a light after all
BooYaH Screaming Team
http://solo.monchar.com -> 15,871@88,5MPH -> Top speed 230km/h
http://stuart.monchar.com -> building in progress
RaVeR 4 life BabY!
got a Protege 1.8 SOHC 4x4 for winter ^^
VampireSix

Post by VampireSix »

well, I just put those silverstar bulbs in, so I don't have to worry about it... clear/blueish hue that is amber when lit... keeps the altezzas looking like they're supposed to!
-Vampire Six
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Hows the amber output, bright enough?
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

ok...so new info.

next business day after I file with paypal, I get a note from him saying that fedex has them and for some reason not a valid address (but in vancouver).

says he was in khemotherapy last week. not sure whether I buy that or not, but tomorrow I am calling fedex and confirming things, and getting them delivered.

He shipped them the next business day according to the notes (and within canada too, so no customs charges), but never sent me the tracking number. so much hassle for him not doing that.
VampireSix

Post by VampireSix »

RoundTop, I had to call tommotorsports to get the tracking number, as well. Not the greatest business people, but I got my lights within a week of paying.

Grants, the output seems to be slightly brighter than most other vehicles out there, but my bulbs arn't going through any thick colored plastic. The stock white bulbs were VERY bright.
-Vampire Six
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

The seller go_fast_r really sucks for responding to emails. I got their phone numbers, email me if you need them. They dont call back. BUT I did receive my lights today. I must say they LOOK VERY NICE! black alteezas of course..none of that chrome crap. I had to buy the amber lightbulb. Autozone said it was legan ..if not they woldnt sell them. Anywho..I am debating weather I should post neutral or positive feedback. I spoke to the guy today and he had no idea on what item i was talking about, one of them said they would call back, well actually both told me that. I never got a tracking number nor they posted positive feedback when I payed wich was right after the auction ended with buy it now.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

by the way..installatuion took around 15 miutes../quite easy...just have to deal with one screw on the light then the rest snaps out. Carefull not to break the little holes where the hooks go. I broke one hehe o.0 still went in with no problem...well not the hooks on the sides, i mean the little holes where the little hooks behind the lights snap in.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
VampireSix

Post by VampireSix »

did you get the regular amber bulbs, or the silverstar ones that look blue/clearish but light amber?
-Vampire Six
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I got the regular amber bulbs. Why pay 20 dlls or more for light bulbs, they look pretty bright to me and plus when they are off in the daylight, it makes the dome look orange..pretty neat. They only cost like 3 dollars a pair.
-hec

VampireSix

Post by VampireSix »

well, if you just paid $100+ for altezzas, then the extra $17 for the bulbs shouldn't be too much of a factor... although I guess its all about personal taste.
-Vampire Six

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”