Need some ideas for Projector headlights.

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Need some ideas for Projector headlights.

Post by Custommx3 »

JDM lights are what is on your car right now BTW... ALL mx-3's were produced in japan, and all Excluding european models have the lexan lenses.<p>
As far as housings go, I'll try and see if we can change it up to have the sie marker option or not.<p>Im going out of town this weekend, so I wont have any updates until next week.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i think you can safely say you'd lose half of the people interest and money should you decide to put a turn signal inside the housing. We have turn signals. The 1% that have aftermarket bumpers without signals can make their own accomodations. I wish i knew where the post is that the guy swapped in miata headlights, the internal turn signal made it look completely gay.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Manach

Post by Manach »

If there is a blinker in the projector.. I'm out. well, out, not buying them..<p>Would have been nice to have a set of 3 projectors like the Mazda 6.. 1 projector for normal day, one cruising light, and one fog light.. Fog are inside the lenses.. ;)
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I dont think were going to add them, but if so they will be optional.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DJPRO:
A side light is the best thing especially for guys & gals with body kits. All body kits don't have a hole to put our side markers. Plus, one have an option to put the turning signal or use the side marker to power the bulb. Use the 921 bulb housing (same as side marker). Regular wedge or LED bulb can be used. My 2cents.<p>later,
deeImage
<hr></blockquote><p>thank you, i got a body kit and it just looks like crap with the stock light
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:
i think you can safely say you'd lose half of the people interest and money should you decide to put a turn signal inside the housing. We have turn signals. The 1% that have aftermarket bumpers without signals can make their own accomodations. I wish i knew where the post is that the guy swapped in miata headlights, the internal turn signal made it look completely gay.<hr></blockquote><p>Gee, thanks. :roll: <p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Manach:
If there is a blinker in the projector.. I'm out. well, out, not buying them..<p>Would have been nice to have a set of 3 projectors like the Mazda 6.. 1 projector for normal day, one cruising light, and one fog light.. Fog are inside the lenses.. ;) <hr></blockquote><p>You'd never want a "fog" light in your headlight housing for many reasons.<p>A few beaing that it would just appear make more glare inside the light, you want them below the headlights (for legal reasons and for light to the ground which is their purpose), and they're not supposed to illuminate far, nor would they really, if they were mounted that high.<p>Fog lights are put in the bumper for a reason and I've yet to see REAL fog lights in a headlight ever.<p>~A
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

for those of you that want the turn signals in the housing, why don't you drill your own holes and then put some LEDs in them. then barry doesn't have to hear all the complaints about if the LEDs should be in the middle or on the side or whatever. people can put them in if they want, and if they choose to put them in they can put them where ever they want. keep the product simple and then modify it to your needs. this keeps cost down and we will have the housings much sooner this way.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

amen to that
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
marsinner

Post by marsinner »

hey , i have the CIVIC dual angel eyes headlights at home, i was going to convert them onto the mx, they are way to big, they will not fit. If u guys get this design into an mx size headlight that would be cool..But i dont think u can cause of the limited size.
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by marsinner:
hey , i have the CIVIC dual angel eyes headlights at home, i was going to convert them onto the mx, they are way to big, they will not fit. If u guys get this design into an mx size headlight that would be cool..But i dont think u can cause of the limited size.<hr></blockquote><p>Shut the f--- up man. Seriously.<p>It CAN be done ****head. There's LOTS of room for Hella 90mm units.<p>~A
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

why are u freaking out on him? he was just making a suggestion... anyways... the design we already got going on is the best IMO.
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

Yeah dude, u need to chill cause your going ballistic and just look like a little kid....... Its not cool to lash out at people that dont agree.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Yeah, he was lashing out at people on ProtegeClub too. He needs to take a chill pill<p>As for my suggestions on the projectors...that hella driving light idea sounds good, but think about it. I for one wouldn't want any trouble from the cops, and I'm pretty sure those headlights would be illegal to use on the street. I'm not saying we should try to get a DOT approvall, but not making some headlight configuration that would easily stand out and attract police attention.<p>I like either the closed housing idea (ala MX6 projector mentioned before) or the external housing idea (the pic of the grey japanese mx3 with carbon fiber headlights).<p>Another thing i'm thinking is going to be a problem with the hella idea is the expense. I for one have tried organizing groupbuys in the past, and although I don't know too many of you and your buying habits, I got screwed over on more than 3 occasions by people who were just not willing to pay up for the custom-made parts. With the hella driving lights, and custom made housing, the price will be well over 500 dollars. This would not only become substantially less profitable for whoever makes these lights (unless they jack the price way up to make for it) it will also detract the more "casual" MXer who isn't as serious about buying crap for his car than some of us show people are. I dunno, my guess is if the price is over 500, you'd find around 20 buyers tops. But if the price is in the 300-450 range, you'd probably find substantially more.<p>Personally, I could care less which route you guys take, i'd buy a set as long as it isn't over 600. However....it would be cheaper to make the MX6 sytle projectors, they are VERY bright. My friend's 94 civic has a set that he bought for 150, and the highs and lows can be adjusted independently, and the headilghts look badass and are also BRIGHT!!! I don't know what kind of bulbs they use, but seeing how the full kit only cost him 150, we could probably get some similar ones manufactured for about 300-400 a set, which would likely sell very well.<p>
Just my .02
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

Ok, back on subject. My thought is this.<p>1. If a popular light is used with a popular size so that other could be used that should solve any problem with that. <p>2. Make it the style that was like carbon fiber and such(but just use fiberglass to make it) with the external projector beams for the following reasons.<p>a. it would be cheaper for those of us who have little money to spend to spend slowely on this.<p>b. a hollow fiberglass shell should be cheaper since you can gelcoat and pop then out quickly with the mold in what i expect would be about a 2-3 part process unless you can make a mold and have it be a one piece unit from the mold. Then it should be fairly cheap to make each.<p>c. with the projector lamps they are metal housing and coated lens units that can hold up to the conditions of the road so it should not cause any scratch problems and such as is worried about when using a lexan cover. Unlike the whole process of using lexan and such the unit I am talking about would have a much simpler construction thus there is less to go wrong and it would be cheaper all around.<p>d. those lights just seem to look cool like a racing style. They dont look perfectly OEM and thats why i like them. I dont wanna spend hundreds of my hard earned dollars for someone to mistake them for being a stock style. I want them to look and say "Damn, thats badass were did you get that kind at? " vs. "Nice lights, my civic has some a lot like that"<p>
Thats my reasons.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”