street-import - not so bad after all

Have you recently been in a transaction with someone on this UBB? (Buy/Sell/Trade forum, or maybe a Group Buy) Would you like to give them positive or negative feedback on how the transaction went? Post here to help make transactions on the MX-3.com UBB smooth ones.
mxmaz

Re: street-import - not so bad after all

Post by mxmaz »

Ok well IMO, if something is dead on arrival, it is not reasonable to expect the buyer to have to pay the return shipping. It’s not like I was driving around a few weeks on it before it started clicking, it was clicking right away. It could very well have been fine when it was pulled from his car, but that’s no excuse to the fact that as soon as it was put on my car it was bad. I think sellers take a risk when selling a used product that this type of thing might happen. And the honest seller should accept responsibility for it. There was no mention in the auction about him not being responsible for DOA. As mentioned by someone above, how a seller reacts in this type of situation is the true test.

About it being damaged during shipping, it did not appear to be. If it did, I wouldn’t have gone and paid $57.50 to have it installed. Also I assume the mechanic would have noticed if it was damaged as well. I don’t think a good defense for him is MAYBE something happened while it was shipped, especially when you consider that the more likely chance is that is not the case. Because like I said, I seen the axle when it came and all appeared well.

The reason I mentioned psituning.ca, is so people would know who I was talking about. It IS relevant anyway seen as how it is the same person. Weather he sold it under his own name or his company’s name doesn’t make a difference. Not to me anyway. If someone had a bad experience with a seller, and knew the seller was linked with other businesses, I would want to know what they are as well so I can avoid them.

And for him to leave me negative feedback, and accuse me of spam, all I ask is for what? You should be able to leave somebody feedback accordingly, and not have to worry about negative feedback getting left for you just because you did it to him. I did nothing wrong. I was just telling it like it is.

If me and Pat do resolve this, I will be more then happy to let you all know. In the mean time, I felt it was my responsibility to let the community know of my dealings with him, just the same as I would if things went smoothly.

If you read this far, I would like to thank you for your time a giving me the opportunity to vent.
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Thats weird, cause he went out of his way for me with my bumper.
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I worked @ a parts store for over 2 years and we had a lot of problems with our axles being damaged during shipping. A lot of the time the joint would come appart or be ruined from getting banged around. I really don't think he intentionally sent a broken axle. Its just one of those things, live and learn, right?
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

bottom line it sounds like pat is an outstanding guy. he has positave feed back from everyone but you. if it looked good before you put it in i bet it was your mechanic. he probably beet the hell out of it to get it in or something. or maybe he didnt tell you that he might have screwed it up some how. i bet from what it sounds like, that it was the mechanic's install. if you didnt pay for insurance then youv got to bite the bullet. good luck
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I had no problems with Pat either. I got everything as promised and in great condition.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
raidermaniac

Post by raidermaniac »

if it got broke during shipping then who's fault is that? i would assume the responsibility would be on pat to pack it up properly to withstand the tremendous beating that an axle would take during shipping lol.i don't understand why if he's running an honest business he would want his reputation drug through the mud just to save a few bucks, seems kinda petty to me.

<small>[ November 28, 2004, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: raidermaniac ]</small>
all i ask is that morgan die in a car crash
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Thats real wierd, you should see the job he did on my bumper , it took me 10 minutes to open it .
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Hey. I was going to buy the CV from him. Feel good about not buying it now. Another item I bought from him came in factory wrapping brand spanking new, and very fast. So I didn't have a problem with him.
Street-Import
Supporting Member

Post by Street-Import »

Hi, I just got back from my holiday week yesterday.

1- Like Babyblue said the axel was fine, no clicking or loose or anything, I drove it, he drove it and it was in great conditions as mentionned on the auction page. If anything happen is during shipping. Even tho like everyone said I package all the products properly but badluck can happens and this isnt the seller fault. I even added fragile stickers all over the box.

2- I was away to visit my fiance family in London, Ontario for almost 10 days so I couldnt reply to all my emails as fast as I normally do so that explain the delays. But I sent you a few emails, check your junkmail settings if you didnt received them.

3- PSItuning.ca sell only brand new parts and is operated by more than one person. Yes I am the owner, but this part has been sold through myself and was on my personnal project car and have nothing to do with the quality of the goods sold by my company.

4- The auction price was only 15$ / Item number: 7925957499 (http://www.ebay.com). Even if I took a few days to reply you since I was away, there was no need to freek out and leave me negative feedback like this: "BAD SELLER!! had part installed and its junk. BUYER BEWARE!". Like you saw, this get me very upset and I did the same for you since I dont consider you a good buyer to leave nasty feedback in a hurry like that.

5- I offered you a refund and you could have returned the Axel via CanadaPost "Return to sender" for free if you still had the same packing with the labels on it.

7- The auction was for the passenger side axel AND also the extension part that connect to the tranny. The auction price was 15$US, since the other part (Extension) must have made it in good condition I am refunding you 10$US out of it. Even if I can prove that it was in perfect working order with a witness (Babyblue) and Canada Post is to blame...

8- Refund has just been sent via paypal to your account: sgmyers20@hotmail.com :

Here is the receipt:

Transaction Details
-----------------------------
Payment Sent (ID #4AR68360VJ701860Y)
------------------------------
Nov. 30, 2004 Payment To Stephen M. Details -$10.00 USD
Name: Stephen M.
Email: sgmyers20@hotmail.com
Total Amount: -$10.00 USD
Conversion From: -$12.20 CAD
Conversion To: $10.00 USD
Exchange Rate: 1 Canadian Dollar = 0.820085 U.S. Dollars
Date: Nov. 30, 2004
Time: 05:59:37 PST

9- Hope this can clear things up!

<small>[ November 30, 2004, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: Street-Import ]</small>
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

1)If it was damaged during shipping, it looked just fine. Maybe it’s just as possible that whatever went wrong with it, (unknowingly to you) happened while you had it stored in your basement or garage or wherever it was.

2) I had no way of knowing you were away. There are no emails in my junk email settings, however I did receive one reply from you.

3)Weather you sell through your business or privately, i'm sure you would still take the same approach.

4)Yes it cost only $15 us ($40 cdn with shipping). And with install I am really out $97.50. But knowing that you are not responsible for shipping or install, I was fighting for the principle of it, not the measly $15. I didn’t know you were away, so I figured a couple days was too long to wait for a reply from someone who has a reputation of being so prompt. So knowing what I knew at the time, I thought you were avoiding me and that the feedback I left was appropriate. So it’s not like what I did was unjust.

5)I did not know this.

7)Well I had no use for the extension, and the mechanic said that it was for the driver side anyway. But that is fair of you.

8)Thanks you.

9)Yes it does, I think that by doing this you lived up to your feedback rating around here. I am a reasonable guy. Maybe we can mutually withdraw our feedbacks left for each other on ebay?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Originally posted by mxmaz:

7)Well I had no use for the extension, and the mechanic said that it was for the driver side anyway. But that is fair of you.
there is extension on the driver side..it's only on the passanger side since the tranny is on the driver side. Your mechanic sucks :p
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Well whatever the piece was, the mechanic called me out of the waiting room, and actually showed how it matched up on the driver side and not on the passenger side. The way i could see it, it connected from the inside of the hub or something to the axle (im not too mechanically inclined). So maybe the wrong piece was sent :shrug:
Street-Import
Supporting Member

Post by Street-Import »

Hi,
I would suggest to change of mechanic...

The Axel and extension goes on the passenger side. There is no such thing on the driver side. If you reused your old extension with my CV axel maybe thats where is your problem. My Axel with extension were working perfectly, no clicking, loose or any noise at all. Babyblue even gave me a hand to remove them and its obviously the right part since it was the oem part from Mazda. It's been removed when I parted out my project car and stored on a shelf since then.

1- Maybe your extension that connect to the tranny is bad, use mine with the axel

2- Maybe from what your mechanic told you, he doesnt know what he is doing, and he damaged it during installation.

3- Maybe its been damaged during shipping even if it was properly packed and marked as fragile

Sound most likely like explanation #1-2 to me.

As for the feedback, I dont think there is a way to withdraw them other than paying 20$US to squaretrade. Let me know if you found a way, I will be glad to mutually withdraw them.

I did my job, sent you a part that worked well, packaged it properly and made sure it got there. Your problem can be other things that the actual axel. Like your old extension or your other side axel. Next time when buying a used part, make sure to have it installed by a good mechanic instead of blaming the seller that he sent you junk.

I sold you this part myself on ebay, and it was used so its easy to blame it on me. You didnt not ordered it from the company website and it has nothing to do with it and neither with the quality of our products. I made a big 10$ out of this deal since shipping costed me more than expected. And thats not including the packaging time, materials, and dropping the package to the shipping outlet.

Its different with the company, the parts are brand new and most of them carry manufacturer warranties except a few Aerodynamics brands.

Anyhow, the case is now closed. You got your money back even tho I sent you a working axel. Now try to fix your problem, find a new mechanic and have him check your car.
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

you are a good guy Pat! :)

I`ll probably need some Nology hotwires for my K8 soon.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Hey Pat, went and bi*ched at the mechanic earlier and had him put the extension on. She is still clicking though, so thats not the problem.

Return to “Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum”