street-import - not so bad after all

Have you recently been in a transaction with someone on this UBB? (Buy/Sell/Trade forum, or maybe a Group Buy) Would you like to give them positive or negative feedback on how the transaction went? Post here to help make transactions on the MX-3.com UBB smooth ones.
mxmaz

street-import - not so bad after all

Post by mxmaz »

I bought a used passanger side cv axle off of him which he said was in perfect working order when it was pulled from his car. It came and looked fine, boots looked good and all. So i took it to the mechanic and had it put on the car, and its clicking like a mofo while accelerating and during left turns. Sh*t, its way worse then the one that was on there that had the boots all tore up. I tried contacting him about it and he never responded, which tells me that he knew it was farked. And to think i was gonna buy a body kit off his site.....

<small>[ November 30, 2004, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: mxmaz ]</small>
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: street-import - not so bad after all

Post by mitmaks »

Do not buy used suspension parts, thats one of last things you should do
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Yeah i realize that now, thats all i can do. Any part i need for my car now, i will sooner order from corksport and gladly pay the duty fees, rather then support that scam. I'm just mad cause he never even tried to reason it out, so you know that he knew what kind of shape the axle was in. Anyway, this is just a warning to what kind of business ethics this guy has.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

You are (i think) the first person that had problems with Pat. He never screwd anybody that I know off..I drove his car with the cv's you're talking about and they weren't making any sort of clicking noises. Maybe it got damage in shipping :shrug:
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Fair enough, but like i said, he is not trying to reason with me. He hasn't responded to my emails (i sent 2). It didn't APPEAR to be damaged, its just no good.

<small>[ November 26, 2004, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: mxmaz ]</small>
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

I had a great experiance with pat. Don't know him personally but he has made many people happy. But I don't understand the reason for not replying to e-mails. There must be a reason.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

so how much did you wanna spend? I bought my NEW complete axles for $83 cdn each. by the time your used one was shipped, you could've boughten new from Lordco.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

How much time did you gave him to respond to your email ? He often visit the family his girlriend's family (out of town) and don't have time to respond to emails..I say give him a couple of days again and he should pop up
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

yea man, Pat is a really nice guy. I've bought over 2000$ of stuff off him and have NEVER had a problem. Im sure he is not just ignoring you.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Yeah he got back to me now and said to ship it back to him (at my expense) and he will refund the money, which is out of the question because it will cost me more to ship it then what the refund will be. Another thing he did, i followed to up the very positive feedback i gave him on ebay to say the the axle was installed and was junk. So he goes and leaves me negative feedback on ebay. How does that make sense? I paid him right away, and held up my end of the bargain.
It doesnt work that way, you dont leave someone negative feedback just cause they are informing others on how their transaction went. Unless it is wrong for me to let people know how my dealings went with him or something. I am very disgusted with this, and he lost me as a customer.

Has anybody here had bad dealings with someone on ebay, so they left feedback according to how their transaction went, and the seller goes and leaves you negative feedback just cause? Its very frustrating.
raidermaniac

Post by raidermaniac »

if pat is such a nice guy he should pay to have the axle shipped back and refund mxmaz his money.you guys all had good experiences with pat,but thats the way it's supposed to be,you pay your money you get your part in working order and everyones happy.to really determine what kind of person pat is,or anyone for that matter is how they react in situations like this.So c'mon pat DO THE RIGHT THING refund him and pay the shipping, i'm sure you would expect and deserve the same if the roles were reversed.

P.S damaged in shipping! i highly doubt it
all i ask is that morgan die in a car crash
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

dang thats strange.. Pat has been cool to me so far (i bought an MS8 manifold and also the headers on his site!) and no probs.. but i have had that experience on ebay and i was pissed off about it. if you are a good buyer/seller, it shouldnt matter what you put on someone else's feedback.. they should leave positive feedback for you. i got once "doesnt read instructions and leaves you bad feedback" lol cuz i paid $9 for a burned cd :freak:

but hey talk to Pat and get it straightened out, he seems to be an understanding guy
92 Autozam AZ3
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Yeah I don't know what that is all about. I would hope he would pay for his mistake. Not make you pay for it. Axles are pretty heavy. But still I really don't understand why you didn't just buy a reman one from a parts store? They are like $60 usd. I don't get it... Plus you get it right away and a warrenty. :shrug:
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

The cheapest axle i could find around here was $115 cdn. I knew that he had real good feedback so i felt that i had no worries getting buying his. The whole deal went perfect until i had the axle put on, and that clicking is driving me crazy.
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

Originally posted by raidermaniac:
P.S damaged in shipping! i highly doubt it
Steve (babybluemx3) and pat went for a ride in the car JUST before they took it apart... heck, I was there the day they took it apart just before they did and I highly doubt it was Pat that damaged it.

ANYWHERE you go, if you do a return you will have to pay shipping, why should Pat have to lose his money because it was damaged during shipping? I know it sucks that it was broken, but this was a private sale, and it was a USED part... Thats the chance you take. Besides, if I remember correctly, this was done privately through pat, and not a new warranteed part through PSItuning. Tough luck, it can happen to anybody.

<small>[ November 28, 2004, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: bmwm3guy ]</small>

Return to “Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum”