Meeting of the Mazdas - June 21st

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
MMMM Fun

Re: Meeting of the Mazdas - June 21st

Post by MMMM Fun »

Hey Folks, <p>A few companies have been gracious enough to donate some prizes for our event. Therefore, it may be a good idea to run a people's choice competition. The categories would be as follows: <p>People's Choice for: <p>#1) Best first gen Miata
#2) Best second gen Miata
#3) Best Protege 5
#4) Best Protege Sedan
#5) Best RX7
#6) Best other Mazda
#7) Best overall Mazda <p>There currently is no category for MX3s but if there are enough cars coming, I'm sure we can create another category. <p>All cars attending will receive a form to list their name and mods plus they will also receive a ballot for the voting. <p>So get going on getting your car "mint" for the meet. <p>Let the games begin! <p>ps. Hooter Girls will certainly get you more votes.
RXcetera

Post by RXcetera »

The fee is an entry fee to the Conservation area grounds charged by the park. I've asked about that too and I've been assured this is a non-profit thing.<p>There's more info here: http://www.rx7club.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=190013
davet83

Post by davet83 »

it was me who drop'd the ball earlier on in may...<p>Sherway wanted insurance for a gathering there..<p>this is at Christie conservation park.<p>yes there is a park enterance fee.. but that's it.<p>no club has to worry about insurance or anything else.<p>no police, no formal structure.. no problems<p>people have their cars out of storage, the weather is going to be great.<p>yes it is just outside of toronto.. but you ain't walk'n or taking the TTC!!<p>do your club thing first, and convoy over as a group.<p>sounds cheazy, but doing a tour with your brotha's and sistas as a group is cheap fun.<p>this is a MAZDA family event... no other manufacures have been invited.<p>no egos.. no worries.. no problems<p>just a casual day out with your car friends<p>hope you guys can make it.<p>dave t
dave t
(japper with white
turbo miata)
MMMM Fun

Post by MMMM Fun »

Just a couple of updates:<p>#1 - There is no booze allowed at the park<p>#2 - No charcoal, plates, BBQ tools, etc.... will be provided. There is a concession stand near by plus in Waterdown, lots of other restaurants like Wendys, KFC, Swiss Chalet, ....
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

isnt there something going on with pakfeifer giving deal to those that goto a meet? (i dont remember which one)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Juddd_83

Post by Juddd_83 »

sounds kinda fun gonna go to that after the 6th annual i think!
---------------------------
Finally a fellow MX-3er!!!!
Euro Tails (Clear Lense)
OEM RS Spoiler
Indiglo Guages
5000V Blue Ground Effects
---------------------------
MMMM Fun

Post by MMMM Fun »

Ok everyone. It is shaping up to be a wicked event.<p>Date: This Saturday June 21st<p>Agenda:<p>11:00 - 1:30 Cars arrive
1:30 People's choice voting ends
2:00 Presentation of prizes and trophies (YES trophies)<p>Once your car is in the area, it would be preferred that you keep your car parked until after the voting ends.<p>Everyone will be parked in their respective categories (all M1s together, all Protege 5s togeter, etc ...)<p>Either do up a sheet with all your mods on it or bring a pen and get ready to write them down on a piece of paper.<p>Remember, no food will be provided at this event. Here are your options: <p>a) Eat before
b) Bring food (lots of restaurants and grocery stores in Waterdown)
c) Buy food there (a concession stand is 10 minute walk away at the park)
d) Eat after<p>The park has been checked out and is a perfect site for a show.<p>Oliver
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

So is there going to be a mx3 class? if so i will be there for sure.
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
MMMM Fun

Post by MMMM Fun »

Unfortunately there will not be a specific MX3 class. There wasn't enough interest originally to create a separate class. The trophies and certificates are already made.<p>However, there is a "other" Mazda class that is still up for grabs.
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

Well I'll be there with my OTHER class car!. (MX-3)
YP5 Toronto

Post by YP5 Toronto »

Hey...I just wanted to come by and say hello on behalf of the TOProtege club. It kinda sucks that this meet has the same date as your 6th annual, but we would love to see you guys at MOM.<p>Its the enthusiasm of people such as yourself that has taken Mazda to the level it has today. <p>Hope to see you there.
www.toprotege.com - President

Hiboost Turbo Kit/HKS SSQV BOV/Ceramic Coated/Pauter Rods/Ceramic/Moly Coated 8.5:1 Comp Pistons/ARP/Rubber CC Gasket/Blitz D-EBC/Vibrant Titanium Exhaust/HiFlow Cat/Clutchmaster StageIIR/Fidanza Flywheel/MSP LSD/

SIGNATURE IMAGE TOO LARGE, PLEASE RESIZE TO WITHIN MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE SIZE OF 400 X 75 PIXELS
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

next year you should get ahold of us in the planning stages that way we dont have this problem again and we could plan something realy big. If I dont end up getting around to your meet i will stop by and say hi at darknights. Are your guys regestering as a group this year? Tomarrow is the last day to pre regester
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
MMMM Fun

Post by MMMM Fun »

Hey Guys,<p>It was a great event. We had over 100 cars!! Great weather with great trophies and prizes at the end. Here are some pics of the day.<p>The winners in each category:<p>http://www.twitchmedia.com/miata/winners_panorama.jpg<p>Random pictures:<p>http://members.rogers.com/j.azan/MOM/default.htm<p>Great event and look forward to the Protege club organizing the next one.<p>Oliver
davet83

Post by davet83 »

Last year, after our Miataphiles year end dinner awards night, I was absolutely amazed about the quality of people that
was in our group. It first started out to be just a car thing, just a sub chapter from another Miata club in the GTA... just another
Miata thing. But in a very short amount of time the casual thing called the "Miataphiles" (yes it is a gay sounding name, not that there's
anything wrong with being a homo) grew quickly.<p>I've been to a couple of car shows, where you end up shelling out 20 bucks to go see your buddies car in the show, to show support
and check out the other rides. Some of the shows were excellent, where others were poo.<p>With the web, clubs have popped up all over the world, some are total legit car clubs, where others are "virtual or web based" only.
Mazda has an awesome line up of cars... why not invite all the local Mazda clubs for one big casual gathering? and call it the
Meeting of Mazdas.<p>Picking a venue to host this would be difficult. The M.O.M was first attempted in May, but the weather was terrible, and the chosen venue
needed insurance and other smaller issues that we weren't ready for.<p>There was a lot of hype, people were excited about the gathering. But after it was cancelled, it didn't stop each of the individual car clubs
from getting together, some of them have never had a gathering, where others it was a routine thing.<p>Time passed and one day out of the blue, my good friend Oliver Lee stepped up got a venue and date together, and jumped on the local Mazda boards to
invite the sister car clubs out to this event.<p>It was taken with mixed reception.. some were all for it, others couldn't give a poo.<p>This didn't matter, it was going to happen... On Saturday June 21st the first annual Meeting of Mazdas happened at Christie Conservation
in Waterdown (just 45 minutes west of Toronto)<p>The weather was excellent, and the turnout was decent, and good times were had by all. Everyone who attended
were into their cars, and their respective car clubs, still everyone walked around and checked out the other rides.<p>There were no Egos, No damage was reported, and theft wasn't an issue. <p>It was a casual gathering that everyone from stock to highly modified show cars could enjoy.<p>One of my good friends, shy guy Dwayne "the ROCK" Nicholson, raised the event to something better. (you might have seen his ride on
Cardomain, at this years Speedorama, Autotech or Modified Magazine) Out of his pocket he MADE the trophies for the peoples choice awards.<p>One would think made??? what kind of POS trophy can be made?? To everyones surprise, they were FANTASTIC.. I think everyone was impressed
with the effort and quality of awards Dwayne put together.<p>We ended up with several car classes, and the winners were happy to receive them. Some other prizes were donated by Scarbro Mazda, and Performance Plus
which was just as great.<p>After the gathering, a group of the Miataphiles went for a bite to eat at Turtle Jacks, and a short road tour of the area.<p>All in all it was a fantastic day, and next years turn out should be that much better.<p>Christie Conservation welcomed us back, and are very supporting of car clubs to use their facilities.<p>Just wanna thank all who attended, it was a great day!!<p>Here's some pics for you to check out.<p>Dave T<p>
http://www.twitchmedia.com/miata/lotsa_miatas.jpg<p>http://www.twitchmedia.com/miata/winners_panorama.jpg<p>http://miata.d-tronix.tzo.com/events/mom/2k3/mom.html<p>http://members.rogers.com/j.azan/MOM/default.htm
dave t
(japper with white
turbo miata)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

hey! that funky green 1st gen rx-7 right had drive was there...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”