KL-ZE vs. BPT GTR

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
aaronthehic

Re: KL-ZE vs. BPT GTR

Post by aaronthehic »

I think the ze is the faster drop in motor but the bpt can be moded cheaper and more radically to provide more hp or kilowatts?<p>some thing is to be said for torque because a honda gsr can be read on the dyno at 215 whp and run a 14.5( truth) because the car can't get from first to second effectivly. a car with 215whp and 100ftlbs of torque @ 6500 rpm is not a good drag car.
13.023 @ 105 mph
mattster

Post by mattster »

i have seen a KLZE MX-3 vs. a BP-T MX-3 at a 1/4 mile track go against each other. in this case the BP-T won by .3 seconds if i remember correctly. of course this is just my experience i know that there were probably 100 different variables that were in affect so i can't say that this is absolutely a fact that the BP-T is faster. (aka don't bite my head off for an opinion ;) )<p>[ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: mattster ]</p>
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

I never hear from anyoner who has the swap.
13.023 @ 105 mph
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mattster:
i have seen a KLZE MX-3 vs. a BP-T MX-3 at a 1/4 mile track go against each other. in this case the BP-T won by .3 seconds if i remember correctly. of course this is just my experience i know that there were probably 100 different variables that were in affect so i can't say that this is absolutely a fact that the BP-T is faster. (aka don't bite my head off for an opinion ;) )<p>[ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: mattster ]<hr></blockquote><p>Whaaaaat!?!?! when was this? Was it at SIR? Hey, we should meet this summer sometime.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

992mmx3 what does your b6t run 1/4 mile? y'all!
13.023 @ 105 mph
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

haven't run it yet, actually I'm still in the middle of the swap, getting the sheet metal intake made right now, its like 3 inches big, getting stuff powdercoated still so that it matches my car, my downpipe still needs to be made and my exhaust to be put on, and needs to be brought to a dyno and some extra tuning. Still running the stock turbo till this summer.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Orange-GSR

Post by Orange-GSR »

matt is talking about me and brian My Ze was basicly stock just a few bolt ons and brain bpt also just had a few bolt on's like hks boost controller and 3inch downpipe and he did 14.9 and I did 15.0 so they are almost the same
MY ZE is on the Bottle how about yours?

The offical PUnK a-- RaCeR of MX-WEST
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

nice, you guys should come to SIR (seattle international raceway) this summer. No, wait, they just renamed it pacific raceways. but yeah, come down!! :)
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

mattster

Post by mattster »

hey sean sorry about the time difference, for some reason i remembered you doing a 15.2 and brian a 14.9. anyway i am sure you are so much faster now that you have that nitrous kit on. <p>992mmx3... i have been to SIR a couple of times, always a great time. however, mission raceway is just accross the boarder maybe 30 minutes away from my house so i prefer going there to watch 1/4 mile drag. you have to come up some time during the summer when all the guys in the MX-WEST are there, its cool to see some fast MX-3's. anyway hope to seeya around.
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

That sounds cool man, I'd totally go, I've never been to an mx-3 meet, maybe this summer i could meet up with you somewhere in lynden and we could cruise there together.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Mx-3SHO

Post by Mx-3SHO »

Just woundering about another varible to add wouldn't the v-6 be more sutable for something like SCCA solos then the four due to the fact that it as a flater power curve. :shrug: Just woundering cause i'm into corning not straight line acceleration.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mx-3SHO:
Just woundering about another varible to add wouldn't the v-6 be more sutable for something like SCCA solos then the four due to the fact that it as a flater power curve. :shrug: Just woundering cause i'm into corning not straight line acceleration.<hr></blockquote><p>Planning on a Street Mod MX-3?<p>IF so, then youre definately right. The K series is a better choice.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:
<p>Planning on a Street Mod MX-3?<p>IF so, then youre definately right. The K series is a better choice.<hr></blockquote><p>shuddup!! :p
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:
<p>shuddup!! :p <hr></blockquote><p>
When you actually goto an event, THEN you may speak...
:p :shrug:
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3-precidia-gs-1995:
I want to know waht is more powerfull on a 1/4 mile for exemple...
a mx3 kl-ze or a mx3 bpt GTR or a mx3 bpt GTX<p>thanks!!
<hr></blockquote><p>You can get ANY of the engines to a point where the tranny is the weak link. Until you sink big money into the tranny, you're pretty much stuck in the 12s.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”