Two revving engines, a nod ... a tragedy

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
David Coleman

Re: Two revving engines, a nod ... a tragedy

Post by David Coleman »

If you're in McKinney, it looks like Denton would be closest to you.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.dentondragway.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.dentondragway.com/</A>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

All I have to say is that 16 is way to young to drive and I was a stupid 16 year old that owned a rx-7 turbo. Let me just say that I raced go-karts my whole life and my mother raced minis and my father raced formula fords. I had no choice but to drive very aggressively. for 4 years I was very careless and although my skills were far beyond anyone else my age I can admit that I shouldn't have been on the road and can't count how many times I was almost killed. I was involved in the street racing scene since i was 13 as my best friends rx7(which ended up in my driveway) used to give it to the stangs and cameros. Anyways I have been there and done that. In my eyes there are way to many kids driving cars that only an experienced driver should own. The movie fast and the furious also didn't help as kids started doing up cars cause it's trendy.<BR>The moral is that I still drive aggressive but I do not race on public streets. When you are a teenager it is hard to be responsible because fitting in is so important and sometimes you find yourself in situations where others pressure you into a race and your gut says no but you still race. Pleez think with your head and don't let someone teaze u into a death trap. Another thing is that cars are machines and although they are a lot more reliable then before, parts still break and tires still blow.
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG><BR> <A HREF="http://www.chasinracin.com/track-locator/usamap/tx/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.chasinracin.com/track-locator/usamap/tx/</A> <P>Each Dot is a race track. Looks like there's 5 drag strips in the DFW area, and several road courses/ovals. <BR> <A HREF="http://www.chasinracin.com/track-locato ... ndex.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.chasinracin.com/track-locato ... x.shtml</A> <BR>That's the main page, you'd be surprised how many race tracks are around that you don't know about...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Cool resource, thanks. And you're right, Texas does have a lot of friggin tracks!!! <P>One thing about that map though is that it listed the streets of downtown Miami as a track!<P>Does that mean I'm allowed to go street racing downtown whenever I want? (Sorry, just kidding)<P>They used to have the Grand Prix of Miami downtown in street-format, now it's at Homestead Speedway. They'll be having the Grand Prix of the Americas there this October to revive the tradition of street racing in downtown Miami. I'll definitely be there, I'm trying to get a hotel room with a balcony overlooking the track. If it's anything like the old days of the Grand Prix of Miami it's gonna be a blast! Since a good part of downtown Miami gets totally barricaded and closed off to traffic, it's like it becomes one big party.<P>Sorry for the OT, but I couldn't resist after seeing the streets of Miami being designated as a track!
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

and from what i hear the 1/8th mile out in sanger (by denton) is supposed to be a 1/4 mile track real soon. as in like about a month. theyre just adding on but im waiting for that to open so i can see what my car does. especially since i just got the ecu from corksport so hopefully my car runs right
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
Hector Gomez

Post by Hector Gomez »

Well, after readig this i have seen once again the negligence of young drivers.<BR>Im 17, just like the kids, and the one and only time i participated on a street race i realized how stupid it was.<BR>And ever since, when someone says "lets race!" i always tell´em to go to the track on thursday (day when the track opens).<BR>A lot of school mates have died because of this street race thing, so i decided i dont want to become one of them.<BR>Also here in Mexico, the police departament its very lame(they use 1999-2002 Cavaliers and 2000-2002 Ford F-150) so almost anyone in a well modified honda can outrun them.<BR>Even my MX3 could do it. But the point here is that knowing this, many people thinks they can get away.<BR>Just 3 weeks ago two cops died when they where hit by the drunk driver of a F-150 HD.... who was racing them!!!.<BR>I saw a Acura LS get split in two after impacting a stoplight, a Honda HB jumping from the road into a tree killing everyone inside (4), a 5.0 Mustang getting totaled by a semi after ignoring a red light, and lastly a friend of mine burned to death after coliding with another car in a street race.<P>These kind of negligent poeple turn cars into weapons. Those kind of kids make us look like criminals, even if we dont do anything, make us look like irresponsibles.<P>Regarding the sentence those kids got, well i think that living 40+ years knowing that you killed someone is punishment enough.<BR>Just imagine what they would feel the next time they get behind the wheel.<BR>If you give these kids a 5-10 years in jail, you would only destroy more lives, although it would serve as an example to everyone doing street races.<P>Life is short, dont try to make it shorter by street racing, stick to the legal stuff always. <BR> <BR>R.I.P. Steven Francisco :)
Hector Gomez
Owner of the first modded MX-3 in Mexico!

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”