G-Tech- P.O.S. or a good comparison tool?

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Re: G-Tech- P.O.S. or a good comparison tool?

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

Well I give it another whirl then, The performance shop just lent me it for a test spin. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

I was at ST.Thomas dragstrip last night and I raced anothe MX-3 gsr, he ran a 14.48 :eek: with a cold air intake and straight through exhaust on street tires, I ran a best of 15.72 with my MX-3 gsr with Kumho 712 tires, stock exhaust and stock air intake.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

It didn't happen to be a red Mx-3 with a silver hood and bumper did it? :)
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

if it was a dude with a fx kit and really dark green and a gtr wing I've talked to him before around in london....fast car
Steve
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

that was me dude <P>finished off with 14.450 @97mph on street tyres
13.023 @ 105 mph
majicmike

Post by majicmike »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAZDASPEED STEVE:<BR><STRONG>Yesterday I gave the G-Tech a try with my rebuilt 2.5L w/intake/exhaust/MSD/no spare tire/but auto tranny :mad: and f@*king got a high 16-17 at 85-90mph!<BR>Is this correct? Doesn't a stock run like 16's? :confused: <BR>After my rebuild, and some work done to the heads I estmate a little more than 170hp at the flywheel?<BR>What times should I expect in my GSR auto? Anybody know if Kevin Gettens has run his yet?<BR>I do know that my cv axle is going, and still have some bugs to work out, but they can't be THAT bad?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>either your g-tech is wrong or you have not properly broken in your engine. it takes a few months of regular driving before a rebuilt engine makes the power that it should. before that happens you should take it easy on the engine. a fresh built engine has very tight tolerences and you are at risk of burning the crank bearings.
Palofpits

Post by Palofpits »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAZDASPEED STEVE:<BR><STRONG>all I know is that it was at +2 or -2, not really in the center of my winsheild, and had a poor start, was rushed due to unexpected traffic on a country road? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So it's not street racing if you're just using a G-tech and not another car to measure your performance?HMMMMMM.......<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Of course its not.. It falls under the catagory of I am to broke to use a dyno because i jsut spent all my money on my car so lets use this alternative method to rate the performance characteristics of my car.<P>Now just to get the police to approve of it..
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”