Strut Tower Bar and KLZE MS8 IM

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
lstpier
Supporting Member

Re: Strut Tower Bar and KLZE MS8 IM

Post by lstpier »

For your viewing pleasure: Corksport's new STB modified to fit MS8 intake with pheno spacers. THIS IS A CUSTOM JOB.<p>Image
Image<p>FYI the STB slightly rubs on the hood's reinforcement (at least the CF hood) and there about 3/8" (false less than 1/4") of clearance with the manifold. Uprated engine mounts probably help in avoiding the engine to rock and hit the STB.<p>[ August 12, 2003: Message edited by: lstpier ]</p>
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

did you just move the mouting point back.......would this be a future product of srd....
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

Your engine bay is soooo spotless!!! Nicely done!
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

$hit luc, your engine looks sweet :D
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Wow :eek: Sweet car man.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lazzyie:
Your engine bay is soooo spotless!!! Nicely done!<hr></blockquote>
mines cleaner......but his is cooler<p> ;)<p>[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: Darren Hyderman ]</p>
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
M0RDECHA1 MANDELL

Post by M0RDECHA1 MANDELL »

go to any rollcage fabricator and they will customize a serious strut brace for like $250. It will have a bar in front of the IM and one behind it. Trust me this is the best way to go cause those
other bars flex very easily. If you have ms mounts then you should go for it cause the ractive bars are too weak to manage the engine compartment twists.
"They're 2 types of people in this world, people that work for money and people that make money work for them."
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

that engine looks nice, where did you get those sparkplug wires cover and oil cap from, does srd still makes them. now heres a serious question, my strut bar(ractive) is sittin right on top of my im, would these cause a problem to my engine later own?
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Did u make the rad support/cover ? how would i go about doing this myself? I sorta like the look of carbon fiber on a black car.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

My ractive one I had rubbed even when I had my k8 in there. I didn't even bother trying to fit it over my ze. I'd be very interested in more info on how luc's bar was done, unless of course he'd like to sell his and make himself another one and not give out his secrets! ;) ;) LOL
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
lstpier
Supporting Member

Post by lstpier »

STB for MS-8 101: use a grinder to remove the vertical plates of each mount. Go to home depot or local welding shop to get some 3/16" thick steel flat bar. Use elbow grease to fabricate your new plates and take eveything to the welding shop to have it welded. <p>For the Carbon fiber stuff: custom one-off stuff.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”