Should I stick around?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Should I stick around?

Post by cjthor »

Well just for sh*ts and giggles I have been driving on stock struts with Ground control springs for well over 2 years and havent died yet. Yes they are about shot but I feel that the car still handles very well.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

This is a big waste of web space. <p>Jesse do as you will thank you for answering my few quesions CORRECTLY, that is not a usual case. <p>Like him or not he's right about heating and cutting springs. <p>He is however jaded because of people ignoring his advice and asking the same few questions about the same stupid things over and over and over again. <p>I totally understand I have read 5 posts on KL intake manifolds in the last couple weeks and anwsered the same ZE questions about 200 times. So if you decide to go have a good one.<p>[ July 25, 2003: Message edited by: lazzyie ]</p>
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
maldo

Post by maldo »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> I've actually had experience with cut springs before. On my RS i cut about 3.5 inches off of the stock springs. The handling was awesome but the ride quality was pretty harsh, very bumpy. I figure with the Intrax springs if i only cut an inch off it will lower me significantly more without murdering the ride quality..any comments on that one? <hr></blockquote><p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>I've actually had experience with cut springs before. On my RS i cut about 3.5 inches off of the stock springs. The handling was awesome but the ride quality was pretty harsh, very bumpy. I figure with the Intrax springs if i only cut an inch off it will lower me significantly more without murdering the ride quality..any comments on that one? <hr></blockquote>
That is what I was referring to. :shrug:<p>[ July 25, 2003: Message edited by: maldo ]</p>
back alley

Post by back alley »

if often repeated questions are annoying to some of you, then what would make you answer them?
if the question goes unanswered then just maybe they will do what you seem to want - search for it!!
i have found , in life, that it's not really what you do but, more, how you do it.<p>protege,
you have answered some questions for me and i have learned quite a bit from you.
i respect what you have to say but i don't always respect how you say it.
i react poorly when others are disrespected. if someone is really that stoopid, then i suggest you ignore them and keep cool. getting all worked up for some yahoo seems a waste of good energy to me.
it's hard to be a teacher when the students won't/ can't learn.
how do you react in school when a teacher treats you poorly,is that a 'good' experience for you? even if you were to ask a 'dumb' question, i suspect that you would learn 'better' if that question were handled in a more accepting manner.<p>stay or go, thankfully we have freedom of choice and that applies to you also.<p>if you are here because of some popularity quest then i feel sad for you.
if you are here to share knowledge ( a truly noble work) then i applaud you and would respect you even more.
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

i just wish this topic would sink deep into the history of the archives. i don't know about the rest of you but i come to the suspension forum to read about suspension.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> the people on here are freaking half-wits, and apparently don't care at all about suspension, I figured I'd ask this... <hr></blockquote><p>just some friendly advice, don't ask half-wits what you should do in your free time.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

I think the biggest problem with this board is that the people that keep asking the same question over and over again are doing it because they dont like to hear that what they want to do it not a good idea or dumb, so they keep asking thinking that someone , somehow will be like , yes thats an awsome idea, totally cheap affordable amazing handling simple way to do it sort answer when it doesnt exist at all. Wow longest sentence ever! Grammer isnt my specialty :shrug:
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
don walker

Post by don walker »

I have to agree. Cutting springs is dangerous. These cars are meant to be driven, and driven hard. The "slammed look" does look cool, but it really doesn't help the handling aspect. In fact I found I have a much better "turn in" with a 60 series tire. I figure to each their own. I want exceptional handling and others want "the look". Both are ok as long as each realizes the cars potential and doesn't exceed that. <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> <hr></blockquote>
pull hard,come easy. Second gear is hard at 7300
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

can we say waste of bandwith?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i have pants.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Post by Guest »

fascist<p>[ July 27, 2003: Message edited by: sureshiit ]</p>
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

So when's this thread going to be closed?<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Good idea..Jesse if you want to stay....go ahead. If not I wish you all the best in the future.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

I'd just like to add some insight based on experience. Often conflicts on the UBB are judgement calls. Even the moderators sometimes have to make "judgement" calls, and that's not neccessarily a bad thing, it's doing the best they can with the rules and tools setup here. I can understand everyones frustration over stuff like this. Some people piss me off here, and likewise I them, but ask yourself this....when something on the UBB sets you off, when you go out are you still burned up about it, does it affect your daily activities offline? Probably not. I think you should stay. If everyone just quit the UBB because they were frustrated or pissed off at something then the UBB would be a cyber ghosttown. Once your computer is switched off then whatever happens here doesn't matter. Don't sweat the small stuff, it's ALL small stuff. Whether or not cutting springs is safe is not what's bothering you, it's whether anyone is learning anything right? I think that's what yer getting at. I also think that if no one ever asked the same question we'd eventually run out of stuff to talk about. Seriously there has to be a limit to what can be done to these cars and then what? Once it's all been done if no one askes anything then it's all over. It's fine to be pissed, but at the end of the day it doesn't make a bit of difference.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

hes right
people dont:
listen
search
remember
listen when explained repeatedly.<p>that is why i stopped offering help here for the repeated questions.... but there are still a few people that are still willing to learn.
not the topic but cut springs, heated springs etc if shorter than the fully extended strut imo is unsafe since the top spring perch cannot fully seat since coils get bigger as you go down unless you cut from the bottom and in that case would seat incorrectly on the bottom. if your suspension is fully extended while airborn your springs are probably wobblin around.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cjthor:
Well just for sh*ts and giggles I have been driving on stock struts with Ground control springs for well over 2 years and havent died yet. Yes they are about shot but I feel that the car still handles very well.<hr></blockquote><p>
And you're wrong. It's really THAT simple. I'm sorry you don't agree, but CLEARLY, your definition of "good handling" is flawed.
:shrug:
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”