Should I stick around?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
ProtegeSTS

Should I stick around?

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Since half the people on here are freaking half-wits, and apparently don't care at all about suspension, I figured I'd ask this...<p>Should I even keep posting?<p>Does anyone actually CARE about freaking suspension other than how much lower it can make their car?<p>a) you guys don't listen
b) nobody seems to WANT to learn
c) you guys don't listen<p>Maybe I'm wrong...maybe MX-3s can actually lower themselves 4"s without custom struts, but last time I looked at one, there isn't that much compression travel.<p>Cut 3.5" off your springs? yeah, great idea there too. Let's cut the next set too. <p>what? you want a safe car? yeah, get springs, and leave them with stock struts. That's REALLY safe. Because if i wanted a safe car, I'd get REALLY stiff springs, and underdampen the crap out of them. Just let them bounce around all over the place, no worries. SAFE SAFE SAFE.<p>oem struts ride like Tokicos? Would you even know the difference? I doubt it...<p>camber eats tires? Oh really? learn something new every day, now dont ya?<p>oh, you want cheap tires that last 80,000 miles, perform great for turning and drag racing, and are comfy on the road with zero road noise? Sure, just order a set off tirerack... IT'S NOT POSSIBLE PEOPLE!!!<p>
You people don't even TRY to learn...and I'm really sick of it. Can we PLEASE have an intelligent post EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE? Just one?<p> :( :mad:
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Gro Harlem

Re: Should I stick around?

Post by Gro Harlem »

rofl!! Great post jesse, I concur
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

xx<p>[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</p>
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:
<p>Cut 3.5" off your springs? yeah, great idea there too. Let's cut the next set too.
<hr></blockquote><p>In reference to that, I had no safety issues whatsoever with my RS with 3.5 inches cut off the springs. Yes, you are right, I do care more about how much I can lower my car rather than how well i can make my car autocross. Some of us have different priorities than others, mine just isnt autocross. OH, to answer your question...no you shouldn't leave this forum, just work on your social skills, pull your head out of your A$$, and quit being a DIK.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
<p>In reference to that, I had no safety issues whatsoever with my RS with 3.5 inches cut off the springs. Yes, you are right, I do care more about how much I can lower my car rather than how well i can make my car autocross. Some of us have different priorities than others, mine just isnt autocross. OH, to answer your question...no you shouldn't leave this forum, just work on your social skills, pull your head out of your A$$, and quit being a DIK.<hr></blockquote><p>
Look...<p>It has nothing to do with autocross. you're Mr. Saftey in the other thread. And what im telling you is that your car lowered 3.5" isn't freaking SAFE. You don't ahve any suspension travel, and your struts don't have a chance in hell of controlling the suspension movement.<p>It also didnt lower 3.5". Spring rate goes up when you cut them, so the amount of lowering won't be the same.<p>If you want to talk about your little show MX-3, I dont care...but don't do it in the TECHNICAL DISCUSSION area, because you can't handle the concepts at hand. Post it in the appearance/dumb forum where it belongs.<p>[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: ProtegeSTS ]</p>
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

i definitely appreciate the info that you post.. *** or not, thats just how some people are and sometimes thats what it takes to get the point across.. believe me people i know. i too can sometimes be an *** but thats because i dont see any other way of getting the point across nicely because its the same stuff over and over again.<p>just ignore those who don't take criticism lightly.. if they can't handle it, they shouldn't have asked in the first place. and if you feel you don't NEED to answer to another trendy questions/posts involving the basics in lowering and tires and stuff, just let them get a wrong answer from someone else or let them search.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Man you guys really gotta calm down. I can't believe it. Sometimes you are so negative Protege. Read your first post. It sounds like you think we are all mindless idiots. I have never replied to any of your posts but I felt like I had to on this one. If you think we are sooo lost maybe you should go?<p>[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: cjthor ]</p>
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Maybe it didnt lower it 3.5 inches, but it lowered it quite a bit...see for yourself <p>http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/mx3man83/ lst?.dir=/GS+compared+to+RS&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/<p>I am "Mr. safety" in the other thread? Dude, any suspension set up would be totally safe for me, I just friegen drive to work and go out! I'm not mr little Protege racer on the weekends like yourself. The cut springs never failed me once....My parents live out in the sticks....if anybody on this board knows what a cattle guard is then they will understand this...I would fly down the windy, bumpy country roads, nail the cattleguards at around 90, and absolutely nothing bad would happen. If cut springs would ever fail, it would be then since a cattle guard would make any car, no matter what suspension mods, go air born. Not trying to defend cutting springs, but defending myself(or making myself sound like a crazy basta$d for hitting cattleguards at 90 :p )<p>oh by the way, by the suspension section, i found this next to "Suspension"...THIS FORUM IS FOR DISCUSSION ON SUSPENSION ISSUES...whether it be looks, or performance, this is still a suspension issue. thanks.<p>[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</p>
My Cardomain site
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by cjthor:
Man you guys really gotta calm down. I can't believe it. Sometimes you are so negative Protege. Read your first post. It sounds like you think we are all mindless idiots. I have never replied to any of your posts but I felt like I had to on this one. If you think we are sooo lost maybe you should go?<p>[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: cjthor ]<hr></blockquote><p>Have you actually READ the dribble that comes from the other people on the board?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:
<p>Have you actually READ the dribble that comes from the other people on the board?<hr></blockquote>
Yeah and then I read stuff like this from you.<p>ProtegeSTS

Member # 1687
Member Rated:

posted July 24, 2003 12:27 AM | | | |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my god...<p>I'm going to have to quit posting.<p>you guys never freaking learn.<p>DUMB! <p>--------------------<p>-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
Maybe it didnt lower it 3.5 inches, but it lowered it quite a bit...see for yourself <p>http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/mx3man83/ lst?.dir=/GS+compared+to+RS&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/<p>I am "Mr. safety" in the other thread? Dude, any suspension set up would be totally safe for me, I just friegen drive to work and go out! I'm not mr little Protege racer on the weekends like yourself. The cut springs never failed me once....My parents live out in the sticks....if anybody on this board knows what a cattle guard is then they will understand this...I would fly down the windy, bumpy country roads, nail the cattleguards at around 90, and absolutely nothing bad would happen. If cut springs would ever fail, it would be then since a cattle guard would make any car, no matter what suspension mods, go air born. Not trying to defend cutting springs, but defending myself(or making myself sound like a crazy basta$d for hitting cattleguards at 90 :p )<p>oh by the way, by the suspension section, i found this next to "Suspension"...THIS FORUM IS FOR DISCUSSION ON SUSPENSION ISSUES...whether it be looks, or performance, this is still a suspension issue. thanks.<p>[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]<hr></blockquote><p>Why don't you understand? Do you lack reading skills?<p>I DON'T THINK EVEYRONE IS AUTOCROSSING. INFACT, IM THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO DOES CONSISTENLY. I MAKE MY POSTS REFLECT THAT. If I was posting about autocross specific topics, you would know.<p>What you had is unsafe, whether you think so or not. The suspension movements are not controlled. Just because you didn't kill yourself doesn't make them safe.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

I just wanna say one thing, that I prolly shouldn't bother posting, LOL.. CUTTING SPRINGS IS DUMB AND DANGEROUS! (if you want to drive the car anyways)
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Personally i think your being a bit rash. But on the flip side of the coin i do appreicate having someone on here who actually konws what there talking about..<p>And normal driving is "safe" but what happens when you have to make a emergency lane change on the highway.. :shrug: Its your car..
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

it's his car, and "me" beside him, heh..
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by torpedan:
<p>And normal driving is "safe" but what happens when you have to make a emergency lane change on the highway.. :shrug: Its your car..<hr></blockquote><p>Once again, im not defending cutting springs like i said before. As i just said, i would take the car air born and nothing happened!! An emergency lane change?? Are you kidding? That is nothing compared to nailing the e-brake or ramping a cattle guard. Maybe im dumb for doing that but its a rush and i like it, i like it alot!! It was totally safe for me, maybe i got lucky or something? I'm not even sure how that became an issue, the only cutting of springs i mentioned was in my thread about the dropzone coilovers when i mentioned taking an inch off of the intrax springs. I know if i can take 3.5 off the stock springs i would be totally fine taking just one inch off the intrax springs. Besides, it was an idea, didnt say i was going to do it.
My Cardomain site

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”