lowering car for under $40

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
anjin1982

Re: lowering car for under $40

Post by anjin1982 »

so overall are they worth it im thinking about getting it till i et the lower springs
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
xtcme

Post by xtcme »

Don't bother wasting your time much less your money. I made this mistake on an old mini truck and I don't need to see it repeated...geez whiz I was a dumbass. :roll: <p>D A V E
o69er, o69er, we got wh*res in the city, we need backup now!
o0mx30o

Post by o0mx30o »

i think these things are usefull becasue if u want to lower your car you can test and see how low you can go with these things without buying new springs and finding out that everytime u go into your school parking lot you bottom out on every speed bump fo example or if u want to lower your car and u r saving for springs its a good temp fix
pelado

Post by pelado »

Fact of life: a lowered car will bottom out sooner than a non-lowered car.<p>Fact of life: the last MX-3 was a '95 model, that's 8 years ago. At 15,000 miles per year that's about 120,000 miles. IMHO any car over 100K miles probably needs new springs, lowered or stock. Any clamping device installed on old springs will just accelerate the wear on these springs - a smaller number of spring coils now has to do all of the work.<p>Another fact: springs are not that expensive. At $200 to $400, they're relatively inexpensive compared to what you'll spend on a ZE swap. 35 bucks spent on JCWhitney crap is 35 bucks that won't go toward buying new springs. Avoid spending money needlessly. This is the secret of saving.<p>Still another fact: there is enough info on this board recounting the experiences of MX-3 owners with various manufacturers of springs that you should be able to determine which works and which doesn't. Happy Hunting!<p>[ January 01, 2003: Message edited by: pelado ]</p>
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
mattster

Post by mattster »

lol... my dad was just telling me that back in the day they used "U-bolts" which costed like 1$ and used the same idea of clamping the springs for the lowered effect. so if you want to do it for less than 15.95$ there you go. :shrug:
92 Mazda MX-3 GS: blaze red, bone stock, and daily driver
86 RX-7 GXL: '94 LT1 V8, 6 speed tranny, scary fast. SOLD
93 Mazda RX7 R1 LS1/6speed... 75% complete

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattsterrx7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^link to my V8 swap page

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”