lowering car for under $40

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
marshmallow15

lowering car for under $40

Post by marshmallow15 »

http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Steeb

Re: lowering car for under $40

Post by Steeb »

:roll: as ghetto as it is, it might keep a few more people from cutting their springs.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Steeb:
:roll: as ghetto as it is, it might keep a few more people from cutting their springs.<hr></blockquote><p>it rides just the same :shrug:
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

what rides the same? cut springs? its not the ride people should be worried about its the topic of safety that has already been beaten to death
nksmx-3

Post by nksmx-3 »

is that eaven safe, it looks like you could be on the freeway and one side would pop off and throw the car off balance and who knows what would happen next. nuts alwawy loosen them selves after a while when they are moving alot. thats just my opinion on the whole thing.
late night conversations turn into a fight, and all the years youve been frustrated finaly subside, and you walk away, to face the day, alone.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Evidently, you have never heard the Eighth Commandment of Import Modification: <p>"8. Thou shalt not buy cheap no-name speed parts available on Ebay; for such parts will generally not work well and shall turn thy car into a hoopty ghetto-mobile; for the people selling them are foolish and wicked; for righteous car enthusiasts shall mock thee; so sayeth the LORD." <p>
Stolen from another message board, but I think it fits in its own little way :)
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

well this is not ebay its jcwhitney but i cant believe they actually sell these, do they even have safety inspection on parts they sell?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mitmaks:
well this is not ebay its jcwhitney but i cant believe they actually sell these, do they even have safety inspection on parts they sell?<hr></blockquote><p>Hence why I said,<p>"but I think it fits in its own little way" :shrug:
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

they sell similar products on summitracing and i read on a message board that someone actually used these on their mr2..and worked with no problems at all....please tell me this isn't true...otherwise i wasted around $70 on protege springs.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

OK im confused...how do those things lower your car?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

ahhh nevermind..i just figured it out....hhmmmm do you all think there would be room for that crap? When i was using spring compressors to get my stock springs off it was hard enough finding room in there....
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
o0mx30o

Post by o0mx30o »

they lower your car by clamping the springs down closer together, the tighter you make them the lower the car, someone i know bought a set of spring clamps close to those form canadian tire and his have never came off and he said the ride hasnt changed much.
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

bwahahahahahahahahaha....i had the same things on my hoop-de 1st gen crx....but i used them to raise the back end, the old suspension made the stock 14s rub on bumps. g-h-e-t-t-o!!! and yes, they rode like crap.
Mo s Ricer

Post by Mo s Ricer »

so what do u think will in really work? and how dose it work? and is it safe the slightest bit? if so im down cuz i dont normaly drive the expressway and all i whant is my car to look good but be some what safe to drive
mosricer is powerd by mx-3's,gen2 mr2's and of course SUBARU'S.
Live Life One Ride At A Time.
Mo s Ricer

Post by Mo s Ricer »

what about these will these work the same or better or worse?http://www.jcwhitney.com/productnoitem.jhtml?CATID=14839&BQ=jcw2
mosricer is powerd by mx-3's,gen2 mr2's and of course SUBARU'S.
Live Life One Ride At A Time.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”