Need shocks cheap!

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
97SSer

Re: Need shocks cheap!

Post by 97SSer »

First post! I have a MX-3 GS that sees active duty as a daily driver. I dont very much about the car as all my efforts go to autocrossing my Camaro SS, #56 SM. <P>I've always wanted to improve the characteristics of the MX-3 to give me alittle more fun on the way to work, and who knows, maybe a few attempts at STS when i dont feel like changing tires on the SM car.<P>Here's the question: Will the ZX2 S/R struts fit a 92' V6 car with ABS? Will the instructions above hold true for this model?<P>Joe Silva<BR>MX-3 GS #56 STS?<BR>Camaro SS #56 SM
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 97SSer:<BR><STRONG>First post! I have a MX-3 GS that sees active duty as a daily driver. I dont very much about the car as all my efforts go to autocrossing my Camaro SS, #56 SM. <P>I've always wanted to improve the characteristics of the MX-3 to give me alittle more fun on the way to work, and who knows, maybe a few attempts at STS when i dont feel like changing tires on the SM car.<P>Here's the question: Will the ZX2 S/R struts fit a 92' V6 car with ABS? Will the instructions above hold true for this model?<P>Joe Silva<BR>MX-3 GS #56 STS?<BR>Camaro SS #56 SM</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I honestly dont know, because ive never taken a close look at any ABS equipped MX-3s.<P>Sorry man.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Dwdigs

Post by Dwdigs »

Hey man this really intrigues me since I have a 94 rs that needs shocks. Are you sure that the zx/2 will work also on the mx3?<BR>I mean I've checked out the whole thread and I'm not really sure nor do i want to spend the money uselessly!
DW Digs
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

I just have one question he is installing them in a Protege does the mx and Protege have the same fitings or will there be more or less modifing for the mx?
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

struts interchange between the Protege and MX3
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Turboge

Post by Turboge »

I have a set of Tokico HP (Blues) for sale for $100 + shipping if anyone is interested. <P>Braden
Braden
"The Original Turboge"
http://barelylegaltransplants.com
justin h

Post by justin h »

Turboge, how long have they been used?
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

You can get Monroe Sensatracs for $60.26 each including shipping and handling with orders over $125.00 at <A HREF="http://www.autobarn.com" TARGET=_blank>www.autobarn.com</A> <P>Dee. ;)
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DJPRO:<BR><STRONG>You can get Monroe Sensatracs for $60.26 each including shipping and handling with orders over $125.00 at <A HREF="http://www.autobarn.com" TARGET=_blank>www.autobarn.com</A> <P>Dee. ;)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>a) thats MORE expensive<BR>b) they are NOT as good<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Krist B.

Post by Krist B. »

damn it! i think i should have known about zx/2 struts. i just ordered kyb gr-2 struts this week. anyway, i hope the kyb struts are atleast better than oem struts. :(
Dwdigs

Post by Dwdigs »

FYI at <A HREF="http://www.tirerack.com" TARGET=_blank>www.tirerack.com</A> the struts for zx/2 and mx-3 are the same price!
DW Digs
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dwdigs:<BR><STRONG>FYI at <A HREF="http://www.tirerack.com" TARGET=_blank>www.tirerack.com</A> the struts for zx/2 and mx-3 are the same price!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>FYI, they arent the same shocks as the ones ive been talking about. Please re-read the thread, because its all been answered.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Dwdigs

Post by Dwdigs »

That only works if you've got the Eibach's...those are the only ones I saw. The makes it about 40 somewhat dollars cheaper... If you don't have Eibach'S the zx2 struts don't really work. Anyway I'm<BR>learning as I go but it doesn't seem to work for my purpose.<p>[ April 26, 2002: Message edited by: Dwdigs ]
DW Digs
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dwdigs:<BR><STRONG>That only works if you've got the Eibach's...those are the only ones I saw. The makes it about 40 somewhat dollars cheaper... If you don't have Eibach'S the zx2 struts don't really work. Anyway I'm<BR>learning as I go but it doesn't seem to work for my purpose.<P>[ April 26, 2002: Message edited by: Dwdigs ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>You dont have to use Eibachs. You can use ANY springs, including your stock ones. They were DESIGNED to use the eibachs, which is good because they set up the dampening on the firmer side, so your car will actually handle and NOT float around like a caddy.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
white fish

Post by white fish »

maybe some friendly American would but a couple set of these and run them up to canada at the Mississauga meet in june????

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”