anybody with a dohc 4cyl with ihi turbo?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
fatfmx3

anybody with a dohc 4cyl with ihi turbo?

Post by fatfmx3 »

anybody with a dohc 4cyl with ihi turbo? not the bpt but the stock dohc 1.6 4cyl motor turbocharged with a 323 or capri manifold and a ihi turbo
Ryencool

Re: anybody with a dohc 4cyl with ihi turbo?

Post by Ryencool »

jademx3 does. and hes put down almost 200hp untuned...so its not a bad option if you have a 94+ mx3, which I wish had
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

I am also running a 1994 MX3 1.6 DOHC with an IHI-VJ14 turbo running 8psi. Trust me it is definitely worth the investement. :)
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3dohc16:
I am also running a 1994 MX3 1.6 DOHC with an IHI-VJ14 turbo running 8psi. Trust me it is definitely worth the investement. :) <hr></blockquote><p>Do you have any hesitation problems with your setup? I posted that my like stalls if I try to accelerate to hard.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
maldo

Post by maldo »

What do you have for fuel management?
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

I get slight hesitation on move off but I assume that is due to the retarted timing, I am looking to get a MSD boost timing master so that i can run standard timing again. <p>I am using 1.8 injectors, a Walbro 255 fuel pump and a Vortech FMU with 8:1 disk for fuel management.<p>I am also considering changing the IHI VJ14 turbo for a more powerful one, any there any turbo upgrades that will fit on my GTX manifold with little or no modifications for example a WRX turbo for instance.
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

I don't have anything yet, but I was planning on putting back in the S-AFC. I thought that was the problem to begin with, i.e. bad ground or something. I got the LX injectors and RX-7 Fuel pump, but no FMU or anything like that.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
fatfmx3

Post by fatfmx3 »

i have a protege that my cousin tolted and gave me. would it be worth swaping to the 1.8 and turboing that , or just turbo the 1.6

Return to “Forced Induction”