Largest Nitrous shot?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
fatfmx3

Re: Largest Nitrous shot?

Post by fatfmx3 »

YOU WANT NITROUS, FINE. BUT DONT RELY ON IT LIKE ITS ALWAYS THERE, a 200 shott on a track will last you about 3 runs at $40 u.s. <BR>times that by many fills and you might as well have gone other ways to get your car faster
TopGun

Post by TopGun »

Haha didn't you just destroy your engine? That's eating your words alright... Take a trip south and visit your pistons...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maldo:<BR><STRONG>You must be right man, I am full of s---. Funny how I am the guy who seems to have done my research. Honda's use a floating deck design, the only benefit this allows is the small radiators that they use. Maybe you didn't know that Honda motors run backwards from the general convention. Did you know that if you break a timing belt on a Honda motor you may as well buy a new motor or dish out the cost for a rebuild since you pistons just went crashing into your valves? Sure they can make power, they do so quite well in stock trim. Check out their CR, the basic design can't handle much power without being upgraded. Ever wonder why block guards and sleeves have been engineered for Honda motors? It isn't cause they didn't need them.<P>9:1 CR is turbo friendly. Rick Stephens Miata was running 9.3:1 with near 30psi of boost. I have non-forged stock B6T pistons and run 16psi all day long, granted I have 7.9:1 CR but your logic would mean that I would need forged pistons. There are plenty of SOHC motors producing lots of power. Lets think here for a second, since you think you did your homework, did you know that the SOHC is the same crank that is used in the M1 Miata? same as the B6T? same as the B6ZE? Did you know that Mazda uses many of the same parts in there motor lines, like pistons? The biggest difference between any of the B-series Mazda motors lies in the Head. Other than that they are virtually identical.<P>It all comes down to tuning. Detonation is controlled by proper fuel and ignition timing. Do your homework, get educated, then reply with useful info.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Speed Kills - Drive a honda, live forever...
mr.hunt

Post by mr.hunt »

Since I have never bothered to look at nitrous I now have learned lots. I thank the teacher for schooling a student Made the post that much more fun to read while I was learning. Protege sorry you missed all the fun. Peace<P>Mike
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

I think that maldo guy just eat his words about his pistons on 16 psi cause I'm 90% sure he said he fried that s---... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Steve

Return to “Forced Induction”