Arials

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
UoMDeacon

Re: Arials

Post by UoMDeacon »

Yeah, all late generation Toyota Camerys have the antenna integrated into the back window defroster. Reception is excellent, I personally think it's a great idea, makes for nice clean lines.
Originally posted by FlyingMXer:
Yeah, man. My father had an old 86 Suburban that had it in the windshield. I think that conversion would look cleaner, but put it in the hatch glass since there is already a bunch of lines in it. Don't know if the heater would affect reception though.
seneca

Post by seneca »

arggg..
What is this radio thing you gus speak of??? :p No choice, no bass?....hrmm
I'm having my antenna shaved in a couple weeks when my car goes into the shop!

Tyson
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
drift

Post by drift »

would you be able to splice your antenna wire into the rear defroster wires and have an integrated antenna? or is it more complicated than that?
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

All kinds of lower end cars come without radios man, and if you order your car from a dealership, you can specify you don't want a radio.. It can drop like $600+ or so off the tag price. Also, I get like NO reception with the antenna pushed down to where it's just sticking out, so that wouldn't do the trick for me. (I live in the mountains) After reading all these, and talking to my friends, I'm thinking of ditching the stock antenna and getting satellite radio - and just not worrying about the radio. All my buddies say they never listen to the radio after they got it.. I figure I'll eventually end up with a Fuba style tho, back right in front of the hatch glass or so.
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
FlyingMXer

Post by FlyingMXer »

I wonder how difficult it would be to incorporate it into the back? Custom hatch glass I imagine, but does anyone know about moving the antenna wire back to where it could be hooked into a hatch antenna? :shrug:

Later, D
Later, D
92 4-banger (totaled unfortunately. Current ride is 2001 Mustang GT)
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

Originally posted by FlyingMXer:
...but does anyone know about moving the antenna wire back to where it could be hooked into a hatch antenna? :shrug:
If you buy an aftermarket antenna (IE Fuba) it should come with more than enough wire to reach the hatch. Just run it up the A-Pillar then under the cloth covering of the roof.
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Over across the big pond, here in England they have introduced Digital Radio. Its much clearer than analog. Does any one know if this uses the antena? Im defo ditching the Antena, it looks so clean without.
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

I belive that digital radio needs its own separte antennia, (i dont know if it has to be mounted on the roof),

BMW's have the radio antennia in the rear glass, they have an amplifyer in line to amplify the signal recived (from the grid in the glass) and send it on to the radio.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.

Return to “Appearance”