Glass Headlights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Sparky75

Re: Glass Headlights

Post by Sparky75 »

shipping costs are turning out to be a problem, i can source the lights from £25 each, but shipping is £50 - £80 air mail. which is a bit cack.
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
Balhirath

Post by Balhirath »

Just to stir it up a bit :)<BR>I'm quite sure that my headlights are made of glass and so have a lot of the european MX-3's. <BR>AND we drive in the right side of the road :)<P>So if you check out some of the german or Danish recycling yards, you should be able to find some.<P>You can try the danish site at <A HREF="http://www.dataophug.dk/autodatalager2sprog/index.asp" TARGET=_blank>http://www.dataophug.dk/autodatalager2s ... dex.asp</A> <P>Chose the english flag and you'll even get it in english
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

They have no headlights in the Danish site. :confused:
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

Hi guys, the yard i contacted only had one decent glass lamp left, all the others where scratched or broken in some way, so im gonna do some more scouting across the country and see what i can get hold of.
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Here, maybe this can offer some help with the bulb. <BR> <A HREF="http://nextcollection.com/html/ORD-Ligh ... 7-none.cfm" TARGET=_blank>http://nextcollection.com/html/ORD-Ligh ... one.cfm</A> <P>I couldn't find anything with the lenses though. I'm trying to find someone who can recreate me plastic ones except clear without lines in the lense.<P>-James
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

I'm definitely interested in glass headlights!<P>As I see it though, there are two problems with the potential of success for this group buy.<P>First of all, there's the shipping cost, although it's not necessarily prohibitive. <P>Second of all, it sounds to me that your (Sparky75's) source was junkyards and salvagers. Even if you were able to find all those headlights in different scrap yards, there would be no volume discount. Discounts are usually the reason for group-buys, unless it's a custom-made type item.<P>Now, on the more positive note: If someone (Sparky, Bundy) finds a good source for glass headlights at a reasonable price, I'M IN!!! (whether they're new or used)<P>I think we're probably better off looking for NEW headlights for a group-buy though.<P>fisaza@directvinternet.com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I keep seeing people asking about japaneese headlights. Just to make sure you guys understand that ALL MX3's in Japan are plastic. The some European models have glass.
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

I was in Argentina and notice they had MX-3's with glass headlights. I went to get a set and they wanted approximately 600 U$S each. I couldn't believe it. I went to several other places and they wanted the same price. Even a used set was 400 each. Oh well, I just hope projectors would be made sometime soon.<p>later,
dee.Image
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
Taras

Post by Taras »

Just to clear it all up. E-code headlights ( the one that come in Europe (you can count J-spec into it as well, because they use same as British lights)) use H4 bulbs that are way superior to our DOT 9004 "drive with sunglasses at night" type. All J-spec lights come with plastic lenses and only in europe you may find glass lenses. Now, if you end up with J-spes or British lights your beam will not point to wrong direction it will just have a wrong side flare. E-codes have a sharp cut-off, but then will have a 15-45 degree flare on the side to light up signs. All you have to do for J-spec or british is to rotate H4 bulb opposite direction, so it flares to the right side for US road direction. They still will not conform to DOT regulations, because DOT likes you to blind people at night instead of seeing where you are going. I have J-spec H4's on mine an they are a step ahead, but far from light output of H7 based lights of today. Good luck converting.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “Appearance”