Glass Headlights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Sparky75

Glass Headlights

Post by Sparky75 »

I noticed a lot of you are on about your plastic headlights and the annoying yellow mess they end up like.<BR>my MX also has plastic ones, but i replaced one as it got really bad, and all UK cars have glass in. Now I could get hold of plenty off scrap cars so was wondering if anyone might want a set?
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
OsoSlo z28

Re: Glass Headlights

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i was under the impression glass headlights were just a myth. if there is some way you can prove you have glass headlights, that would be nice. how much are they over there?
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

i am in let me know what it is worth to you. Email me so we can work out a deal.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

It was the times that cars would be made with plastic headlights. If you got them I'd love a pair of glass headlights. Let us know a price later on
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

me too... I need a price..
C-MX-DA3

Post by C-MX-DA3 »

i was talking to a guy from mazda dealer and he told me that the mx3 in japan always came with a projector head light, does any one knows about this?
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

My car is a jap import but i dunno what projector lights are. originally mine had plastic headlamps, but i have a glass one that replaced my drivers side. They do exist cos i have one, dunno how to prove that to you unless i smash it hehehe.<BR>I talked to another owner over here and his are glass as well. i will get prices for you all.<P>Cheers.
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C-MX-DA3:<BR><STRONG>i was talking to a guy from mazda dealer and he told me that the mx3 in japan always came with a projector head light, does any one knows about this?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thats false, completley false. The Jspec MX-3 always had plastic. Some of the European models had Glass, because of their DOT rules.
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

Whats a projector headlight?? oh and another thing.. UK cars have the sidelights (1st position on the switch) inside the main headlamps, not on the front bumper. mine has both as it was converted. the bumper style ones are not legal in england cos they are orange and must be white. Stupid country i live in. so if i get you some they may have an extra hole for a bulb,
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

About JSPEC mx-3 (probably they don't call mx-3 in the same way in japan), if you can tell me the name it's called over there, I'll do some search and ask them if those things are really available over in japan. By the way, I'm japanese, and I sure speak japanese.<P>bungo
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

I believe it's called Presso or AZ-3. Here is web page dedicated to the MX-3 in Japan <A HREF="http://plaza18.mbn.or.jp/~garrr/" TARGET=_blank>http://plaza18.mbn.or.jp/~garrr/</A> <P>Later,<BR>Dee. :D
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

If you looked at my signature you would see what the jap name is...
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

Any news on the glass headlights yet?
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

Hi all, Getting the prices through tomorrow Morning (tuesday GMT)<BR>I will post this time tomorrow with costs, need to find out shipping costs as well.<BR>Watch this space...<P>Cheers.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Custommx3:<BR><STRONG><P>Thats false, completley false. The Jspec MX-3 always had plastic. Some of the European models had Glass, because of their DOT rules.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Yup...that's what I've seen over the years...
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Return to “Appearance”