Glass Headlights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Sparky75

Re: Glass Headlights

Post by Sparky75 »

Yeah mine has a DOT regulation lettering on it, the main detail i think was E13<BR>When ive got a sample of the headlights i will post up a piccie for you all to see
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sparky75:<BR><STRONG>Yeah mine has a DOT regulation lettering on it, the main detail i think was E13<BR>When ive got a sample of the headlights i will post up a piccie for you all to see</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Very interested. Let me know man
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
pmcgarty

Post by pmcgarty »

I'm interested as well. Need to know how much and what shipping to US will be roughly.<BR>cheers
mx3boy

Post by mx3boy »

I am very interested as well
95 Black RS
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

New glass headlights cost £165 from a Mazda dealer! I know because I mashed one of mine! <P>One problem with using UK spec headlights in the States is that they probably don't conform to FMVSS108, because in the UK our lights dip to the left, whereas in the States you have a symmetrical dip! So they will most likely fail your yearly inspection! So you’ll have to change back to your original lights for that!<BR>As for day to day running you’ll have to put stickers on our lights to stop our lights dazzling oncoming traffic! We have to do this when going over to the France etc.!<P>As for projector lights, Look at the headlights of an Integra Type R, Mazda MX6, Suzuki Hayabusa, Suzuki Bandit 1200. They look a lot like fog lights but are either the dip or main beams!<P>I hope this is informative...
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

Got to ring the yard again tomorrow, they are taking longer than i thought. hopefully have a bit of news then. the light angle is adjustable those stickers you put on when going over to france is just a bodge way of setting the lights up instead of screwing up your UK setup. all cars are built the same apart from left or right hand drive. lights are all the same, i know people who have left hand drive cars that just have the beam angle adjusted.<BR>also them projector lights, i have some really yellow looking lights in the bottom of my bumper, but neither of them work, i just havent had the time to see why.
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Here's an idea. <BR>In the making, I've seen a pearl mx-3 with Supra tail lights and VW clear head lights. However, the fibre glass hood and the z-3 style fenders had to be extended as the head lights are a bit small. <BR>Looks sweet! :cool:
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

Hi guys, I'm the one who can read Japanese. I'm gonna read some articles and check out the links for the glass JDM lights etc. from now. <P>Also, on that site, they're saying like they have free v6 Presso rear bumper. It's in Japan and would cost you some, but if you like, I'll ask them if they're willing to ship it to US or canada. Anyway, let me see if they really have glass ones or not.<P>bungo
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

I have not received any replies, yet, but I wanna give u guys the updates.<P>About Japanese mx-3, they call it Presso if it's sold by Eunos, AZ-3 if it's sold by Autozam. Both Eunos and Autozam are mazda (it's like Acura and Honda), and I believe Eunos sells expensive side including 929, etc..<P>Bungo
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

I'm still reading some articles on the internet. I wish you guys can read Japanese. I found one unique item for mx-3 and wanna share that with you.<P>It's designed for British model and it's a front headlight washer. The price was like $700 (us), and it didn't have the picture, so I believe you get the whole system of lights or something.<P>Bungo
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

This does not have to do much with headlights, but I found uniq logo of AZ-3 (japanese version of mx-3 RS).<P> Image
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

** update **<P>I just found that the glass headlight unit was available in British models which cars are driven on the left side of the road, and the steering wheel is on the right side, that might make the US mx-3 not suitable for this mods because the light beam may not go straight. I emailed some Japanese who knows about mazda parts. I found one mazda parts store and they sell the glass headlight unit for 98000 yen which is about $800 (us). I'll ask him the picture of it and just wait for his response. It's Friday afternoon in the us now, and it is Saturday morning in japan. I'll post a response as soon as I get that.<P>bungo
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

I talked a guy running the parts store for cars sold in foreign countrie, and he told me that the British mx-3 comes with plastic headlight. I also asked him if the glass headlight is available or not.<P>bungo
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

Hiya mate, all the cars in my town are mazda mx-3 badged, british sold cars, and they all have glass headlights as far as ive seen. my presso eunos jap import had plastic ones, and one was replaced as it got too yellow, which i obtained from a scrappy. they fail the MOT here if they get too bad. maybe theres different versions. and if the beam does point in the wrong direction it maybe a waste of time.
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

I still would like a pair, if the price can be arranged.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website

Return to “Appearance”