Shift Gate!!!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
SmokyMcGee

Re: Shift Gate!!!

Post by SmokyMcGee »

Count me in.
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
jspicoli

Post by jspicoli »

Count me in too
nespan23

Post by nespan23 »

If you were to do this, wouldn't it make for slower shifting? I don't know if I would want to compramise that. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Carmaniac103

Post by Carmaniac103 »

no because im makeing the pattern accordinglly to the way the shifting pattern is. so the gate is only there to look nice. i am thinking to put a tiny boot between the gate and the bottom of the shifter so the bottom doesn't show through the I-I-I pattern. i'll se how it comes out and post a pic. to harm to try to make one.
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

anything new with the shift gate? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
eD
Sparkle Blue
Carmaniac103

Post by Carmaniac103 »

its work in progress i haven't had much time to work on it. i had to do my college applications and wrestling stuff. Although next week we have off (winter recess) so im confident i'll be done and will have pictures up. if anyone has any ideas on what material to use let me know. i have thought of aluminum and plexy glass. anything else which would make it easier or better? let me know. thanks
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I plan on making a shift gate as well, after my taillights and wing are done.<BR>My shifter bushings are bad so taking a good pattern for my shifer will not work for me. Im going to use a friend of mines shifter instead. (yes its an mx-3 as well.) Im planning on making mine out of aluminum. and polishing it.
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

A good place to mount it would be where the shift boot frame is screwed into beneath the console.
eD
Sparkle Blue
white fish

Post by white fish »

I gonna make mine out of cardboard well thats the first 1 or 10 I make till I get it right ;)
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I personally like the side lit plexi-glass idea. I think that would liik tight as hell in my car with all the lights and s---. Hop it turns out good.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Carmaniac103

Post by Carmaniac103 »

yea, i hope it comes out well also. right now im doing it on a piece of aluminium( about 1/2" thick) im using a mill because i could not get a hold of the plasma cutter. but since aluminium is so soft it would be more suseptable to scratches when in the car(even after clear coats) thats why im looking for an alternative. and i wanted to make it out of plexy glass to light the whole thing up it would awesome. i'm makeing the aluminium now then i'll make the plexy glass and post pictures. thanks any any suggestions :D
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

Image Image

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67046" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Looks like batman is happy to see you :lol: :P

But seriously good work - if someone makes it with a narrower slit in the middle it will be even more awesome...
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Great, now Fowljesse's got a new project :roll:
Seriously, though. Great job! If you'd do a write-up, I'd be your best friend, or if you want to sell them, let me know.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I saw somebody on ebay claiming to sell these for our cars. Apparently in different colours too, but I didn't look too far into it. I'd like to see who can make one on this site. I have yet to work with metal.
Cody

Return to “Appearance”