Sputtering

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
93mx3v6

Sputtering

Post by 93mx3v6 »

seems to sputter when in lower and mid range rpm... i think its the spark plugs/wires or distributor... its either sputters and or has gaps in its acceleration... i dont know if its the wiring or a fule problem of some sort. what do you guys think?
Chasing_Size

Re: Sputtering

Post by Chasing_Size »

funny, i got the exact same problem yesterday when i threw a ms8 manifold/TB on....
1992 Mazda mx3 gs / 03 / ms8 intake manifold / klze 67mm bored TB/ Custom CAI / 2.5 Custom exhaust / Drift kit front and sides/ CF Invader hood / 17'' MSR gunmetals with chrome lip / Tockico Blues / Suspension technique springs / Leather interrior/ B&M SS / Fully customized interrior (Red and black) / Corvette Red 00 Paint w/ white,blue,gold pearl / Shaved altezzas w/ black trim/ Front rear strut bars / ze ecu ( I think that's all )
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

95% probability it's vacuum leak. Check the ribbed hose between the VAF and the TB first.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
93mx3v6

Post by 93mx3v6 »

shouldent be vacuume hose or leak, i just replaced that stuff and its tight, it was sucked out before then i fixed that, now its a different feeling than before...
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Could be a bad O2 sensor. A check of the engine codes will tell you.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
93mx3v6

Post by 93mx3v6 »

ill get it checked before i do anything i suppose... my friend has a diagnostic computer
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

It's easy enough to check yourself. Just put a jumper wire between ten & grn on the diagnostic connector and turn the car on. The check engine light will flash the code. The connector is right next to the brake booster under the hood.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
endocyc

Post by endocyc »

It's easy enough to check yourself. Just put a jumper wire between ten & grn on the diagnostic connector and turn the car on. The check engine light will flash the code. The connector is right next to the brake booster under the hood.
This is good info for any MX-3 owner to know. also clearing of the computers memeory. Disconect the negative battery terminal and press the brake for 10 seconds. This will whipe all codes from its memory.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”